• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Bachman 5

Kamado Joe Customer Service ( Canada Edition It Blows)

Ok now I'm just not ranting but am super p**** how everything as gone , I know this thread will be locked right away but don't really care as I will just bump up view count and make it noticeable on Goggle . I had my other thread locked which I wanted to use as a update device as far a how my problems where being resolved , but as I suspected it would eventually get locked down as you can spout off great experiences but not negative ones especially when it comes to this brand of product .

For me I have always searched out forums when searching for certain product's that I wanted to buy as I feel that by reading others experiences I would be able to make a more informed decision based on their experiences , price points etc.

That's how I ended up here , finding this forum when I never heard of a Kamado before , at first was just going to buy a Akorn then thought I would step up and buy a Vision little bit more money but found favorable reviews on this forum , cooked on it for a couple of years and it was great (LIKE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE , only 2 minor issues resolved in 2 weeks*) , then comes a Costco Roadshow in my area , I thinking great cooker ,  great customer service , great reviews on this forum , gotta pull the trigger , plus I get the BJ at cost with the JR thrown in .

TLDR

cliffs -- my experience as been horrible since MAY 15 2017 ----- 10 emails

----  2 phones calls

Delivered Sept. 6 2017

This is the great reward !!!!!  I received it today  , my new nicely packed fire box ?

20170906_181947.thumb.jpg.cff57049ae1cd85753af1cc9be731d84.jpg

Yes not the box for a firebox but for gaskets

20170906_181916.thumb.jpg.c0df5c76c01eb0c1851ef4e2ceebad20.jpg

Since they took so much pride in boxing it , this what you receive .

It's comforting to know that I am dealing with such a great company , that some take pride in what they do so that not all the pieces didn't break. Maybe because they didn't shipped all the pieces !!

Yes this is what all I received 4 pcs  = 4 broken pcs ,that's it  , that's all folk's ! !  3 pieces not going to cut it.

20170906_182511.thumb.jpg.4f7f1bd24ca5edcb53ff1955227f1558.jpg

So in the end I can sat that I will not ever recommend this brand to anyone , I would say go for a Vision or (Primo , don't know about CS but seriously anything got to be better than this)

Like I said if this is a truly neutral forum than if this thread gets locked then so should the others that applaud like this thread when other people's issues are not resolved.

Maybe age and life experiences have taught me perspective... sure, it's aggregating and disappointing and perhaps infuriating. BUT, it's a ceramic fire bowl. I'm sure they'll make it right. If not... who cares. Buy a new one. What ever.

Why not call KJ and explain the situation instead of ranting on a forum. 

Be happy. Eat, drink, and be merry. Take only pictures, leave only footprints. Sing in the shower. Dance in the rain. Smile, smile, smile. Find peace. 

6 hours ago, BT3100FS said:

I will agree the my post is more of a rant than I wanted , a long day a few drink's and emotion's probably doesn't make the best time to post. Although I still feel that if positive experiences are accepted here negative one's should be as well , maybe a little bit eloquently and tactful than mine .

It just seems for the most part that I've been ignored left in limbo with the KJ CS rep . then when I feel it's going to come to a close , I receive a package that from first glance I can tell it as been carelessly packaged and most likely there are going to be broken pieces , which they were , and to top it off even if they weren't broken I am still missing 3 other pieces and the metal ring .  So now I have dealt with 2 divisions of this company and feel both have failed to deliver , which now puts me back to square one.

I know that posting here isn't going change what has happened but just my experience of what has happened.

I'm sure that eventually everything will get worked out and that day will be a much better one.

7 hours ago, BT3100FS said:

That would be because the post here is not intended to get resolution.  His intent is to punish the company for not meeting his needs or expectations.  His intent is to drag the company through the mud.  Go re-read his first comment here.  He made that clear. 

When I was young we called this whining.  I don't know what they call it now.  Pitching a fit.... Like all these millennials out there today who believe that they can protest their way into prosperity.... Who knows.