Sign in to follow this  
Dub

Easy pot of chili today....

Made some chili in the crockpot today.

http://www.hurstbeans.com/recipes/299/Slow-Cooker-Chili

lE6CETB.jpg

Hurst products have always worked out well for me.  

I added some smoked salt, garlic, basil, bag of frozen onions & peppers and a can of habanero Rotel to this one before thickening up with a small amount of ap flour.

Gfen0ul.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Smokingdadbbq
      I was a little late getting my cook up on instagram for the national Chili day hash tag so curious what you cooked, recipes you like etc. 

I did a chili blanco with smoked chicken, coal roasted hot peppers and onions and fried prosciutto garnish. Love this recipe 
      https://www.atbbq.com/thesauce/chili-blanco/

My favourite Chili is this recipe given its excessive use of hot peppers that I grow, smoke to dehydrate and preserve and use throughout winter, it’s the red one in the two photos below 
      https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/our-favorite-texas-beef-chili-51249010

• By CentralTexBBQ
      Nothing puts me in mind of fall quite like chili. Though I admit that none of my friends would ever define this as chili as it contains beans and a few other things to ease my conscience and qualify as healthy. Started out with 3lbs of ground turkey that I smoked for 3 hours on the Big Joe. Garlic and jalapenõ, cowbell, mexibelle, poblano and bell peppers that I roasted on the Joe after pulling the turkey, black and kidney beans, white onion, carrot, etc. Topped with red onion, yellow bell pepper- most of which I dropped putting the lid one- and extra sharp cheddar. I unfortunately didn't get a pic of anything on the smoker. Had to snap this picked quickly before the couples devoured the pot.

• By later4ya
      This is soon to be chili Komado Al style. Where I come from, we call these fixin's... The green is two poblano's

1lb each of ground chuck and pork sausage, smoked a couple ours @ 195° ~ 205°. 

Plus 1lb. each chorizo and kiolbassa. (Well, about a 1 1/4lb of kiolbassa- you simply can never have too much of it)

• By DerHusker
      Having plenty of leftover Hot Dog Chili from Friday I decided to remake all 3 of my favorite dogs. The first time I made them, the buns were huge and came apart as I was plating them up. (That’s why you couldn’t see the dog in two of them)

I started out by making up some Cherry Dump Cake Cobbler. Here are the ingredients.

Buttered up my Dutch Over and dumped in the cherry filling and cake mix.

I leveled it out some and then sprinkled on some cinnamon and brown sugar.

I then thinly sliced a stick of butter and placed it on top.

I put in in my preheated, to 325, kamado for 35 minutes covered and 5 minutes uncovered. Here it is done.

I then put on some hot dogs and 1 brat.

While they were cooking we heated up the chili and got out all the condiments. Turned the dogs.

While they were finishing cooking I got out the sesame seed buns and when everything was ready, I made up the dogs and poured myself a Modern Times Blazing World Hoppy Dank Amber Ale. From left to right is a Chili Cheese Dog, a Chicago Dog and finally a Bratwurst with Mustard and Sauerkraut. All served up along with some corn on the cob, some fresh cut watermelon and cherry cobbler a la mode.

I starved myself all day because I knew I was making these and they again didn’t disappoint.

Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      With the 4th of July coming up I decided to make 3 of my favorite dogs as practice. I started out by making up some of John’s Hot Dog Chili. Here are most of the ingredients.

Ingredients:
      12 oz of a beer of your choice (choices here will change the flavor of the chili)
      1 lb ground beef
      1 medium onion, finely chopped
      1 1/4 cup ketchup
      1/3 cup yellow mustard
      3 teaspoons sugar
      1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
      1 tablespoon salt
      1 teaspoon garlic powder
      1 tablespoon chili powder

Browned up the meat

and poured in the beer and brought it up to a boil and let it go for 15 minutes.

Put in the rest of the ingredients, stirred and brought it back up to a boil.  and let it go until it was at the consistency I wanted and then lower it down to a simmer and let it go for another 40 minutes.

Let it go until it was at the consistency I wanted and then lowered it down to a simmer and let it go for another 40 minutes. Here’s the results.

While the chili was cooking I slices up the veggies and lite up the kamado.  After the chili was done I put the hot dogs on along with a bratwurst.

While they were cooking I toasting up some poppy seed buns and when everything was ready, I made up the dogs and poured myself a Twisted Manzanita Rustic Horizon Red Ale. From left to right is a Chili Cheese Dog, a Chicago Dog and finally a Bratwurst with Mustard and Sauerkraut. All served up along with some corn on the cob and some fresh cut watermelon.

I starved myself all day because I knew I was making these and they didn’t disappoint.

Thanks for looking.