• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!

Yup. Got too much at Costco but amazing stuff.

Needs a lot of taste help.

Any Gurus have some go to quinoa recipes?

I can offer that I make it like oatmeal with the usual adds to oatmeal and can get a pretty good taste.

I have use it as a filler for various pressure cooker recipes.

Tired the toasting it in a dry skillet.  That was barely helpful.

Quite often we use it instead of rice, I've made jambalaya with it, or just use it as a bed for stir fry and made pilaf.  Definitely rinse it first or it will taste soapy. Probably our go to is Quinoa Mac and Cheese, minus the mac.  This isn't a recipe so much as a loose guide.

Brown 1-2 pounds of burger.

Prepare 1.5 cups of quinoa, we usually simmer in 3 cups of chicken broth for like 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. 

Then we either go with kind of a Mexican flavor or straight up with veggies.

For mexican I mix the prepped quinoa with the burger, 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, can of rinsed black beans, can of rotel or diced tomatoes, cup of frozen corn, couple of dried chilis or some red pepper flakes to taste, also salt and pepper to taste, maybe 1 teaspoon, 2 cups of shredded cheese, pour into 9x13 pan and then put a cup or so shredded cheese over the top and bake for 35 minutes at 350, or until the cheese starts to brown.

For regular, mix the burger, quinoa, 1 egg, 1 cup milk, veggies of your choice, we usually do broccoli, some carrot slices, bell peppers, some spicier peppers if you like, crumbled bacon would work well, 2 cups of cheese, mix and add to 9x13 pan, cup or so of shredded cheese on top and bake for 35 minutes at 350 until it browns to your liking.

Hope those would work for you!

Will try the Mexican mix. . Thanks.

Been using my electric pressure cooker to make basic quinoa.  Have not been rinsing so I need to do that-never got the soapy taste, maybe lucking out,  but the basic quinoa needs taste help: the Mexican mix will take care of that.

Quinoa blends with cinnamon and brown sugar well, and we sometimes just mix some baked  apples in as well, as a side. Leftovers are good for an oatmeal substitute. My wife says no to that.

-have used it a filler with mixed results.  -may try it with some wild rice and some other spices.