• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
RedStick

I picked up the Big Joe Joetisserie, but I have a question if you don't mind....

I have my Big Joe installed in an outdoor kitchen along with my Joe Jr. As such, I wasn't thinking of the height of the big joe joetisserie when working with the builder. 

The motor installs further down than I was hoping. I moved the Big Joe over to the right quite a bit to see if the motor would install but now I'm concnerned that the right side of the Big joe is too close to the granite side and countertop. 

Thoughts?

Having the big joe off-center may drive me crazy when not cooking something with the joetisserie. I think I have a problem ;)

IMG_7627.JPG

IMG_7628.JPG

IMG_7630.JPG

You could change the motor out

From what has been discussed on this site, the motor mounts are universal and will fit any brand rotisserie motor

Maybe you could find one that is a different shape/size and use that instead

From what I've read, the Joetisserie tends to struggle under heavy load anyway, so you could look at it as an upgrade  

3 hours ago, LargeRedJoe said:

See if the shop from which you bought the granite has any scrap. Might be cheaper than you think. 

This.

I bought a "scrap" of granite (42" x 49") as a custom kitchen table top for under $200 from a local seller.

The piece of scrap granite was "free", the cost was $12/linear foot for edge finishing.

2013-05-11 13.22.11.jpg

I saw a post earlier that said the motor should be mounted with the cord at the top?   Didn't make sense but if it spossed to be mounted the other way, that should make it clear the counter top.   Or maybe I misinterpreted the other post.   That would be a first that I got something wrong.default_banghead.gif.5fad821be2016a6564e6defc254cb5ea.gif

If you're worried about the granite,  only when you use the joetisserie,  why can't you just spin the komado a few inches instead of sliding it over.  I don't think you will use the Joetisserie on every cook. 

8 hours ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

I saw a post earlier that said the motor should be mounted with the cord at the top?   Didn't make sense but if it spossed to be mounted the other way, that should make it clear the counter top.   Or maybe I misinterpreted the other post.   That would be a first that I got something wrong.default_banghead.gif.5fad821be2016a6564e6defc254cb5ea.gif

Good morning. 

I dont know know how I could mount it with the cord up top as the spit rod would then prevent the lid from closing. 

I looked at the One Grill motors but they appear to be just as wide. I wonder though if the model I saw online could be installed upside down and work with the joetisserie.

I might take a drive drive to the granite store to see if I could get my hands on some scrap granite. 

Mbellot - that looks identical to the granite that I have!  

10 hours ago, mbellot said:

This.

I bought a "scrap" of granite (42" x 49") as a custom kitchen table top for under $200 from a local seller.

The piece of scrap granite was "free", the cost was $12/linear foot for edge finishing.

2013-05-11 13.22.11.jpg

Yes, and I was also thinking of the circles that are cut out when installing sink faucets and spigots, or the cut out for a sink.  

A quick, cheap solution would be to use a tan-colored concrete paver of adequate height. 

3 hours ago, RedStick said:

Good morning. 

I dont know know how I could mount it with the cord up top as the spit rod would then prevent the lid from closing. 

I looked at the One Grill motors but they appear to be just as wide. I wonder though if the model I saw online could be installed upside down and work with the joetisserie.

I might take a drive drive to the granite store to see if I could get my hands on some scrap granite. 

Mbellot - that looks identical to the granite that I have!  

Email the One Grill guys. They will get back to you quickly.

I think you can install the Joetisserie upside down therefore  you should be able to install the Grill One upside down since the mount is the same.

Have you looked at a Big Green Egg table nest?  I have one under my BJ and it works great.  I can't remember the exact price I paid, but it's worth exploring - they aren't expensive.  It will render you red ceramic feet unusable, but maybe someone somewhere can take them off your hands.  Just check the height you'll need to attain before buying and see if it even helps.  http://biggreenegg.com/product/table-nest/

On 9/27/2017 at 1:38 PM, HaagenDazs said:

Have you looked at a Big Green Egg table nest?  I have one under my BJ and it works great.  I can't remember the exact price I paid, but it's worth exploring - they aren't expensive.  It will render you red ceramic feet unusable, but maybe someone somewhere can take them off your hands.  Just check the height you'll need to attain before buying and see if it even helps.  http://biggreenegg.com/product/table-nest/

I don't know that the big green egg table nest would give me the heigh needed compared to the 3 legs I have now.  

I'm leaning towards grabbing some squares of some sort.  Any specific type square that I should look for at Home Depot/Lowes?

I do have an interest in the One Grill Universal Cordless Battery Operated motor WITH AC Electric Adaptor.  That might be low profile enough to work.  It's about $30.

I'd like to go with the more popular One Grill 13watt 50 lb load, but I don't know if that profile is that much smaller than the KJ motor I have.

If anyone has the One Grill model 4PM05, could you measure it please?