RaiderQ

New Pit Boss Owner

I'm a new Pit Boss owner. Just got it for my birthday (Thanks RaiderQWife). I'm looking for help with mods, curing and positioning of the firebox. Kamado's are new to me so I need some expert advice. I'm really  looking forward to my first cook. I'm waiting on my kick ash basket and heat deflector to arrive. I'm used to the Oklahoma Joe Highland for smoking. I'm not a pro and not looking to be a competition cooker. I just want the best backyard fun I can give to my family and friends. Anyone can give any tips on what I should expect? 

The kickash basket is a great addition.  It makes it very easy to clean from the top vs. going through the lower vent and making a mess.  As far as positioning the firebox, I just aligned it with the lower vent in the fully open position. I never really followed any curing regimen, just did a few low/mid range cooks before turning the furnace up and searing steaks at 650-700 deg.