5. Rob_grill_apprentice

Rob_grill_apprentice

6. KismetKamado

KismetKamado

7. John Setzler

John Setzler

• Similar Content

• By Burgy12
      First time posting here and I need some help- this year the torch has been passed to me to cook Christmas dinner for my family (10 people). I purchased my KJ Classic II 3 weeks ago and thought I’d give Prime Rib a shot. I’m new to smoking/grilling but I’ve loved my KJ so far and cooked some killer dinners already. Confidence was high, did my research, purchased 11lbs of Prime Rib From a local butcher and took it home. 

First mistake: I thought I had ordered boneless PR - nope, bone-in... butcher had already cut the bones and retied to the meat. I thought I should just cut it off and proceed as planned. Well I cut the bones off and saw some thick chucks of fat (fat cap?) and took those off as well. trimmed a lot of fat off the back as well because it seemed too thick. Tied back up with butcher twine and now it’s sitting in the fridge seasoned with salt,pepper, garlic powder and wrapped in plastic. 

After watching numerous YouTube videos of people cooking with the bones attaching & properly trimming their PR - I’m terrified that I butchered (no pun intended) this meat and took out all the flavor removing the bone rack & fat cap. Im also worried that the meat will sit in the fridge seasoned too long and the meat will dry out as a result.  The cook will be tomorrow around noon which means it will sit about 36 hours seasoned. 

Any ideas to help this rookie save this cook is much appreciated!
      I’d love Malcom Reed or John Setlzer to just give me a pat on the back and tell me it’s going to be ok haha

P.S. I’m planning on adding a wet rub over the PR about an hour or two before throwing it on the Joe tomorrow: cooking low&slow over indirect heat around 225-250 until internal temp hits about 120 - removing and letting rest while I crank up the Joe to 500 for a quick reverse sear. I also still have the bone rack and not sure what to do with it. 

• By Antonio
      I am looking to buy a Kamado Grill/Smoker I am looking for advice from people that have actually purchased and used one. I am also looking to buy one reasonably priced, Best Bang for the Buck.  I really like the Kamado Joe but they are definitely a bit pricey. So all advice from experienced Kamado buyers and users are appreciated  

Thank you
      Anthony
    • By Daz
      Finally I got around to finish this idea I had for a long time, ever since I made the pizza ring. I picked up a set of Weber Rotisserie and lathed part of the shaft round to fit the Akorn. I cut two little "V" on the pizza ring and the drive motor sits perfectly on top fo the side table - lucked out on that one! The chickens were marinaded with Hawaiian Huli Huli Sauce for two days, with some Hawaiian Salt Seasoning, freshly ground pepper and they turned out amazing. I gotta thank my neighbor who worked at a construction site and got me a tuck load of dried out Kiawe wood. It burns really hot and long lasting. I'm starting to put a kit together and will report back on the progress.

• By kamado mofo
      Hello All!!! Getting my Kamodo dialed in. Thought I had a gasket issue, but Brian at Hi-Que gave me lots of knowledge about fire control on my grill. Any tips on controlling the level of smoke applied to the cook would be appreciate by this rookie!
    • By kamado mofo
      Hello All!!!  Grilling spatchcock chicken with John Henry's Texas Chicken Tickler!!!!