• Similar Content

• By HokieOC
      Finally pulled the trigger on a Joetisserie and can’t wait to start using it. First up want to do a chicken as that seems simple and easy, but given the two pack Costco sells has anyone done two birds at the same time on a KJ Classic? I’ve searched but haven’t found much Info with people cooking two, other than a picture which seems to be a Big Joe. Seems like it might be tight but should make it as long as they aren’t over 5lbs each. Also wondering if that affects cooking time. 
    • By Casey
      I have an opportunity to buy a Monolith classic (by size, pretty sure it isn't Le Chef) and looking for opinions on both the grill itself and whether it's a good price. About 1 year old, in good condition, with stones/grates, a CyberQ Cloud controller, and a table built by the owner. Unsure how well the control fan works (I couldn't get it to start with the CyberQ just fiddling around without lighting coals, and the owner said they never really figured it out). I've worked the seller down from $1575 to $1100 for everything, no tax, I pick it up myself. 

1. What do you think about this brand and model? An established German company but only in the US market a few years without much penetration yet. Made in China, maybe at the KJ factory? 
      2. Is this a fair price, or should I try to work lower? I had planned to go with either the Ceramic Akorn or Grilla Kong at lower prices (without table), but is this worth spending a little extra?

Thanks.
      caseymcmillan@hotmail.com

• By Jeirinlo
      Kamado Joe Classic I for sale, 4 years old, used condition, has crack on firebox (as probably all used Kamados) but that doesn’t affect the cooking. NEVER used lighter fluid always used high quality chips / charcoal

UPDATES:
      Wheels replaced last week
      Gasket replaced last week
      Back springs replaced 2 weeks ago (now the lid won’t fall by accident!)

INCLUDES:
      Cast iron cart
      Finished Folding HDPE Side Shelves
      Cover
      3 deflector plates
      2 half-moon stainless steel grate
      1 grate/grill lifter
      1 ash poker
      1 accessory rack
      1 flexible cooking rack
      1 pizza stone
      1 soapstone
      1 grilling glove

Asking for $550 OBO.
      Pick up at North Miami Beach (33162), can deliver to Miami-Dade/Broward for a fee

• By Colin Barbeau
      Good day guys,
      This is my first post, I was waiting to have something new to post before officially joining. Been looking at the forum for the last year: great stuff! I was very frustrated with the plastic shelves that came with the KJ (can melt) and I am not a fan of building a cart for my kamado: it takes place on the deck, it blocks the view and gathers snow (IMO). I like shelves, they fold back when you're done and you don't see them anymore.   I wanted shelves that are easy to clean, that are foldable, that support heat and that are wider than the standard ones, so I could fit a rib rack or a fully loaded divide and conquer without balance issues. I tried to keep the cost as low as possible while maintaining a design that was sturdy and would last a lifetime. 80 bucks later (Canadian bucks!), I had two aluminum shelves, 50% wider than the original ones and they are also lighter. You can't imagine the joy I got the first time I placed a hot ceramic heat diffuser on the shelves. Wow, this is a cheap luxury and I dig it!   Anyhow, if you guys want to build them, it is relatively easy: - Two 15.5 x 15.5 x 1/8 thk aluminum plates - Four 3/4 x 3/4 x 1/16 thk square aluminum tubes, 15 1/4 long (slightly shorter than the plates, just to be sure they don't protrude) - 16 rivets, 3/16 diameters   The tubes are mounted on the original KJ black steel brackets (remove the plastic bars), drill the tubes through the existing screw holes on the brackets and rivet in place. Position the plate, drill and rivet in the tubes.    Hope this will help someone, we deserve better than meltable shelves Cheers and all the best during these challenging times.   -Colin

• By Big Biscuit
      My better half has been craving porchetta for a while now, so Saturday morning I took a ride to the butchers and picked up a pork belly for Mother's day. Got home Saturday prepped it, tied it up, and in the fridge it went. Come Sunday morning I took it out of the fridge at 9:00 am place it on the counter, and organized my equipment. I went out just before 11:00 am and lit the B&B charcoal I had placed in there earlier. Let the fire starters burn out shut the dome and let it come up to 350°. Once I got the temp dialed in and the KJ all warmed up on went the meat and in just under 4 hours pulled out this magnificent looking piece of meat. All I could say was that my wife was very pleased with her porchetta.