• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
prowe

The wife is gonna kill me

16 minutes ago, Freddyj said:

you must’ve just got it, didn’t see it back there last night omw to the field 

It's not even home yet.  If you see my driveway blocked off with police line, and detectives lurking, please say goodbye to the KG folks for me.

Ha. This made me laugh!  I feel your pain, you should have seen my wife’s response when the KJCII showed up.  She didn’t care about $$. It was all about “why do you need it? And where will you put it?” 

My wife might be killing me soon.  I want some serous workshop upgrades. Each one costs as much or more than the classic.  I will be showing off examples of my handiwork in the classified soon.  

2 minutes ago, Freddyj said:

paul are you planning on keeping the BC & BSK?

The keg is something near and dear that I will keep for camping and tailgating  (yeah, I know, I recently admitted I usually use a gasser for those occasions, but I intend to transition).

i intend to lose the Bayou Classic. I have one person in mind to offer it to. If 

She don't take it I would be looking to find another person interested in kamado kooking. If you have someone interested let me know. If they are VERY interested you should prolly let me know  like now, as I will be speaking with her tomorrow morning.

I am not interested in money. I am interested in passing it to somebody with a passion for kamado cooking. It's not in great shape. Has some chips. Missing some nuts. And the felt is beat up. It cooks good food despite this.

you have my digits, don't be shy to text.

@prowe I'm pretty sure she would have killed you a long time ago if she was going to do it, buddy.... you'll be fine.  

Congrats on the classic.  I would be jealous, but it's red, so that takes the edge off for me.  Actually, pretty glad they don't have black anymore otherwise it would be on my mind 24/7....

Post up a cook.  Or, if she does go through with it, have Mrs. Prowe post your cremation in the kamados.  Either way, we want pics.  

You people crack me up. 

A week ago Friday  I left in the morning to get a routine oil change in the car. She called me three hours later - told her I was getting the broken visors fixed - LOL.  I came home 5 hours after leaving  with a brand new $28k car. Mrs skreef was more in shock than freaking out. If the wife kills you over a <= $2k grill - might be time to get a.... 

1 hour ago, KismetKamado said:

@prowe I'm pretty sure she would have killed you a long time ago if she was going to do it, buddy.... you'll be fine.  

Congrats on the classic.  I would be jealous, but it's red, so that takes the edge off for me.  Actually, pretty glad they don't have black anymore otherwise it would be on my mind 24/7....

Post up a cook.  Or, if she does go through with it, have Mrs. Prowe post your cremation in the kamados.  Either way, we want pics.  

Ditto on the red color. As I am a big boy you and Mrs.PRowe ,at have to contact someone like @bosco with a big 32 for a full roast of me.  Imbet i would be delish. I'd come pre salted, but some cayenne, pepper and some paprika for color would do wonders. Don't hold back on the garlic powder, cilantro, basil etc...

4 minutes ago, ckreef said:

You people crack me up. 

A week ago Friday  I left in the morning to get a routine oil change in the car. She called me three hours later - told her I was getting the broken visors fixed - LOL.  I came home 5 hours after leaving  with a brand new $28k car. Mrs skreef was more in shock than freaking out. If the wife kills you over a <= $2k grill - might be time to get a.... 

A few weeks back the wife left and came back with a new Cherokee. It's a one way street up here buddy. Wish I lived in a free society.

4 minutes ago, prowe said:

Ditto on the red color. As I am a big boy you and Mrs.PRowe ,at have to contact someone like @bosco with a big 32 for a full roast of me.  Imbet i would be delish. I'd come pre salted, but some cayenne, pepper and some paprika for color would do wonders. Don't hold back on the garlic powder, cilantro, basil etc...

I bet we could manage between the Big Joe, Classic II, Keg and Bayou Classic.  I don't have a chainsaw, but have found that a person can do just about anything with a Sawzall....  We'll get 'er done....   

11 hours ago, Mewantkj said:

Ha. This made me laugh!  I feel your pain, you should have seen my wife’s response when the KJCII showed up.  She didn’t care about $$. It was all about “why do you need it? And where will you put it?” 

My wife might be killing me soon.  I want some serous workshop upgrades. Each one costs as much or more than the classic.  I will be showing off examples of my handiwork in the classified soon.  

I was at work and called her while the pats were down by 2 TDs. (She gets very emotional during Pats games) I told her I got her a gift and texted her the pic of the Joe. She was with her mother at the time. They both thought I bought a snowthrower. And we're pretty much like your wife..why do you Need it, where you gonna put it?

believe me....it was not the price.. the store had a clearance event on all display smokers including the KJ as they are making space for Christmas stuff. Btw, if anyone needs a smoker there were still some clearance displays left. Mostly char broil/Oaklahoma Joe. One was a pellet, one was dual fuel, a couple offsets and a vertical. There was an Akron too. I think it was about 65 bucks.