Polar Bear

Interesting Products Coming from Kamado Joe in 2018

For those of you on Facebook, Bobby Brennan has updated the masses on a couple of announced and new products for 2018
https://www.facebook.com/groups/500015733460665/permalink/1263986370396927/

For those not on Facebook, here are the broad strokes:

iKamand WONT be shipping before Christmas this year. No word on when it will be shipping

iKamand.jpg.d9c7010243b1b61fdf8818a08a4efb20.jpg

Kamado Joe Classic Cart is due around Feb 2018

59ffc33fbc246_JoeCart.thumb.jpg.24522e641ad90b1f38be060b8cf7f91b.jpg

Kamado Joe are developing/re-releasing a new Kamado- The Kamado Joe Pro Joe. Bigger than the Big Joe with a premium finish and price tag (around $3500us). Looks like its aimed at commercial applications rather than home grillers.

59ffc3532805c_ProJoe.thumb.jpg.9ba18b75ebb1c0b66a4f419c0aa9fdf0.jpg

New Kontrol Tower fitted to the Pro Joe will be made from 304SS and available for sale separately at some stage (no pricing yet)

59ffc35b9bdac_StainlessKT.thumb.jpg.d99fa7189c23807d5610dfbe600b8208.jpg

1 hour ago, dianlonyc2 said:

Is there a cart for the BJ?   It looks like a nice build!  

Deep in that lengthy Facebook entry you'll find where Bobby says they will have a cart for the Big Joe. 

Jason Ackerman Assuming the cart will be able to hold a big joe?

Bobby Brennan Two separate tables Jason but yes.

Thanks LargeRedJoe.....I can't wait to order this cart for next year!   

Shuley----you said "bringing back the ProJoe" ..... there was a pro model in the past?   

Its great that a company tries to keep improving their products and challenge the competitors.  The cart makes it compete with the Summit....which has a real nice table.   I wonder what the top is made from. 

1 hour ago, dianlonyc2 said:

Thanks LargeRedJoe.....I can't wait to order this cart for next year!   

Shuley----you said "bringing back the ProJoe" ..... there was a pro model in the past?   

Its great that a company tries to keep improving their products and challenge the competitors.  The cart makes it compete with the Summit....which has a real nice table.   I wonder what the top is made from. 

From what I've read, the Pro Joe was around early in the companies life but was either discontinued or never put into full production 

Table top was said to be made of stone in an earlier post. Not sure if that's still the case 

45 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

From what I've read, the Pro Joe was around early in the companies life but was either discontinued or never put into full production 

Table top was said to be made of stone in an earlier post. Not sure if that's still the case 

I think Bobby said, somewhere in that Facebook thread, that the planned marble top was raising the price too high. 

1 minute ago, LargeRedJoe said:

I think Bobby said, somewhere in that Facebook thread, that the planned marble top was raising the price too high. 

You could be right

Last post I saw was him saying he was able to use the marble top and still keep the price under where he wanted

That was quite a while back now so its possible your info is more current than mine

Personally, I think a SS top would be a better option anyway, provided Bobby doesn't mind people drawing direct comparisons to the Weber Summits cart

Make the Marble an option!  :)   If cart if affordable with a good top, people could change it out at a later date (like a Birthday/Xmas gift). 

These things won't help me cook better food -- but are sooo convenient!