• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
ckreef

Lamb Lollipops

Lamb Lollipops are by far my favorite cut of red meat. A bit on the pricier side and some amount of prep but Oh so worth it. 

We started with a rack of lamb and trimmed it down to lollipops. A splash of white balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of Bush Lamb rub (TY @Aussie Joe). Into the fridge for a couple of hours. I saved the lamb fat/meat strips and they are on the grill today making teriyaki lamb burnt ends (post that later today.) 

LLa.thumb.jpg.1e553c8906aff11c907214bcecace507.jpg

LLb.thumb.jpg.4257d2d9de357c4ce98d281288206912.jpg

LLc.thumb.jpg.3cfe0094f16a85b5996aa17d5926abc3.jpg

LLd.thumb.jpg.325642bcec0d7c92c6fd657f4bd0f6a9.jpg

Dried mushrooms reconstituted for an hour  in Neopolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar. A quick pan fry. I then chopped them up and mixed with some feta cheese and melted butter. Awesome spread for the lollipops. 

LLe.thumb.jpg.fa9db0e1038b27bf5edecd2ce0910629.jpg

LLf.thumb.jpg.5e4b79b64312f8e527696cd559016472.jpg

LLh.thumb.jpg.c20b2f5c78f55d39e1be03e029c745fc.jpg

LLi.thumb.jpg.faba25c6f811ce9278aa8e0c988795d8.jpg

I had some homemade stuffed clams I cooked on the KK. 

LLg.thumb.jpg.cdc82e99026fb1e813278fad9bca948f.jpg

LLk.thumb.jpg.8e06bd05a00504200214002949129f3b.jpg

Can't forget some carrot risotto cooking on the outdoor burner. 

LLj.thumb.jpg.a7e70d7be1bc9c4444ee0379b8fc5199.jpg

Let's wrap this up. Seared for 1 minute each side direct at 500*+. An awesome meal and a perfect md rare. 

LLl.thumb.jpg.142b40e4dce109438952100c321b5b0c.jpg

LLm.thumb.jpg.7c49b776361680464ff73931a70ee0a2.jpg

LLn.thumb.jpg.d927200b5d49608e79fc3faa762425fd.jpg

2 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Maybe one day I’ll try lamb... maybe....  

You are making it seem more appealing with cooks like this posted! 

Just keep in mind these are nothing like lamb chops or leg of lamb. 

Rack of lamb (done as a full rack)  is more like eating a mini ribeye roast. Trimmed down to lollipops is like having high end, md rare, steak bites that just melt in your mouth. Like mini Tomahawk steaks. If you like md rare steak you really need to give this cook a try. Just don't go much over md rare. These were literally 60 seconds per side on my Akorn Jr with a decent bed of coals. 

1 hour ago, Tioga said:

I like to grill my rack of lamb sorta like you do but I marinate the chops overnight in a blend of EVOO, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, salt, cilantro and coriander.

That sounds like a tasty marinade. This was sort of spur of the moment idea so they only got about 2 hours time in the fridge. 

Where I live $20 per rack is a good price so I grabbed one knowing I had the homemade stuffed clams in the freezer. Probably should have grabbed a second rack to put in the freezer. 

6 hours ago, shuley said:

Nice looking lollipops. I need to do them. I've only ever tried to do them as a rack. Have you ever tried doing it on a cast iron griddle with ghee?  

Never tried with a griddle but since I bought my table top griddle I've been doing a lot of griddle cooks. That would work. 

It looks delicious.  

I have wanted to try lamb on my kamado but my wife is unwilling.   She had tried goat once in the past and thought the taste was too strong.    I tried to explain to her lamb won’t be strong like goat.    I might have to sneak it in a dish.    

5 hours ago, Rob_grill_apprentice said:

It looks delicious.  

I have wanted to try lamb on my kamado but my wife is unwilling.   She had tried goat once in the past and thought the taste was too strong.    I tried to explain to her lamb won’t be strong like goat.    I might have to sneak it in a dish.    

Cut these off the bone and serve them as steak bites, she'll never know the difference.