Sign in to follow this  
dianlonyc2

Attempt at Cuban Lechon pork butt

So I watched the Sous Vide everything guys make a Cuban pork butt (

And now I am attempting it.  I marinaded it for 24 hrs..... Now it's cooking for 48 hrs.... And will be ready Friday night at 8pm.  Any suggestions for indoor searing a butt? Broiler? Pan? 

Stay tuned! Oh I have to make the mojo sauce too. 

MVIMG_20171115_221032.jpg

Edited by dianlonyc2

well it completed...... You could taste the wine and garlic... Faint... But I am sure it will be better tomorrow... It was very very soft.... So I gently moved it to a pan and broiled it on all sides after speaking with meat church's Deez nurz. 

It came out great... Moist, soft, flavorful.. And with the mojo sauce.. Amazing.... One thing I missed is the smoke flavor... But I think this dish may not need it... But im just used to it.

IMG_20171117_174124.jpg

MVIMG_20171117_174302.jpg

MVIMG_20171117_181249.jpg

Looks fantastic. I've done 'regular' pulled pork SV and loved how it turned out. 

After the SV, I put it in an ice bath to cool down, then threw it on the kamado for a few hours to set the bark. It picked up some smoke at that point.

You could also try a pre-SV smoke if you wanted to get a little smoke on it.

I liked the sound of the pre smoking... it's just too soft afterwards to move a lot. 

And yes... It is so much better the next day... Flavors really came out.  And the mojo sauce... Your breath will be kicken more than a MMA fighter. Wow