Sign in to follow this  
John Setzler

Scarborough Fair Dressing

If you are looking for a perfect side dish to go with your Thanksgiving turkey, look no further! Whip up a batch of Scarborough Fair Dressing on your Kamado Joe!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds bread, cubed
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups chopped yellow onion
2 cups chopped celery
3 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat your grill to 250°F and set up for indirect cooking.

Cube your bread and spread it out on a baking tray. Place on the grill for 30-60 minutes to dry out cubes. Remove from grill and set aside.

Increase the temperature of your grill to 350°F.

In a 12" skillet or cast iron pan, melt the butter and cook the onions and celery over medium high heat for about 15 minutes until softened.

In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture, bread, broth, eggs, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix completely and return to the 12" skillet.

Cover with foil and cook on the grill for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.

Enjoy!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Smokingdadbbq
      In this video, you will find all of the information necessary to properly unbox and assemble your new Kamado Joe Classic III grill.  I didn't think to make a video for the first one, so thought I would share tips I picked up from doing it a second time around.

• By яблоко
      I did a practice run for thanksgiving over the weekend with a 13lb bird. I did it in much the same manner as I roast a chicken, which I do pretty much weekly with astounding results. Dry brined, spatchcocked, seasoned with herb butter under the skin, and cooked over indirect heat (although I did the turkey at 350, where I normally roast chickens around 400-450). Once the thickest part of the breast hit 145 I opened up the dampers and let the temp soar to about 500 to crisp up the skin until I hit a breast temp of 150 for a minute or two, at which point I pulled the bird. 

The resulting turkey was a mixed bag. I oversmoked it, but that's easily remedied. The breasts were cooked to perfection, very tender and moist. The dark meat was overdone, which is a shame because that is the best part of the bird! 

Obviously the difficulty with poultry is the difference in temp between white and dark meat, and the fact that they both cook differently. The size of a turkey only exacerbates this. Would breaking down the bird before it goes on the grill be a viable solution to making sure it doesn't dry out? I figured if I monitor the temp of both dark and white meat I can pull each right when their temp is perfect, and that would also grant me a little more surface area for seasoning. I know it's not quite the typical presentation for a turkey but I'm going to be carving it before it gets to the table anyway, and I'd like as few variables as possible on the big day so I don't ruin dinner!

• By DerHusker
      Huskers Aunt (My Niece) sent him a new toy that he loves. He also confiscated Bonnie's toy and was having a blast playing with them so we videoed it. Hope you get a laugh out of it like we did.

Enjoy and thanks for looking.
    • By Big Biscuit
      Here's my yahdbyrd. Dry brined for in the fridge for two days. Then oiled it up put some salt & pepper garlic & onion powder and some of Paul Prudhomme's poultry magic. Cooked it over a full load of lump and 4 pieces of  cherry wood  with the heat deflectors in place. Filled an aluminum pan with carrots, onions, celery, water, and some chicken stock. Slapped the Byrd on at 350° and let it roll till the breast read 160°. Best Byrd yet! 

• By shorty_m
      I have not been active on here in a while because i haven't been cooking for a while too busy.  yeah i know you should never be too busy to cook. I opted for something non traditional for t-day this year.  we are going to families on friday and i was told that they would cook the turkey..... not sure if they doubt my skills or just dont like smoked anything?? I decided to cook for the home team this thanksgiving and do some rib therapy.   ran around 250 for about 4 and 1/2 hours, rub with mustard night before and sprayed with some apple juice, cider vinegar, jim beam, and brown sugar, every 40min or so during the cook.  turned in some good ribs!!!! (had some baked beans, yam patties candied, slaw, shells and cheese, and rolls to go with it) Great thanksgiving!!