3. Smoke and Awe

Smoke and Awe

4. Rob_grill_apprentice

Rob_grill_apprentice

5. KismetKamado

KismetKamado

• Similar Content

• By CentralTexBBQ
      Farewell tour... the beef, beef, and more beef why do people show without RSVPing Central Texas Style cook

plate ribs on at 6:30, cooked at 275° – 283°, pulled at 1:30 at ~203°.

spinach, honeycrisp apples, cranberries, candied pecans, strawberriespepitas,

pulled cowboy steaks @ 137°...

somewhow missed the sweet potatoes and mac and cheese...

• By Brickyoung
      Hey folks,

i am considering purchasing a grill extender for my Big Joe.  I want to purchase the Kamado Joe branded expander but I am curious if anyone can suggest some good alternatives? Thanks! 
    • By Cooking in Ohio
      Has anyone replaced your old felt gasket , with the new mesh style ? If so have you tried just replacing just the dome or the bottom half , and leaving the other side with nothing ? 
      Thanks for any input you may have
    • By ret42
      Still fairly new to smoking in general, let alone on the Kamado, but my favorite thing to smoke on the MES was salmon. Despite my best efforts, I never managed to screw it up. Figured with a sale on wild caught Sockeye at Fresh Market, it was a good time to test my luck on the Joe. I started out with the brine recipe here: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/final-smoked-salmon-with-recipe-instructions-and-qview.91264/

Here's the shot after the brine:

My biggest concern was keeping the temperature low. After some suggestions from some of the guys on here, I found the biggest, lumpiest blocks in the bag and started the fire:

Salmon went on the grill immediately to warm up with it.

This was also my first cook with the MEATER Block, so I got to test that out as well. There was definitely some disparity between the two probes, but I'm going to give them a few more rounds before I write em off. I'm curious what anyone else's experience with these is.

Mandatory. Huge fan of bourbon, and coffee, and stouts. If you haven't had anything from Alltech Brewing, I highly recommend it!

Almost done

And complete.

Graph of the finished cook from the MEATER app. I may have fallen asleep towards the end, there. Notifications weren't super notifying.

I'd definitely call this cook a flying success. If I keep this up I may even sell the MES.
    • By itskrod00
      Hello everyone, 

I finally joined the Kamado Joe team. Pulled the trigger and bought a big Joe at a local Costco Road show. I also have a weber 26incher which I love. And a camp chef flat top. After approx 5 years of day dreamin’ and planning i finally have my bbq island. It just needs counters now.

cant wait to enjoy my first cook on my big joe. Any ideas on what I should kick first while learning the intricacies of the big joe.

lastly where can I buy some kamado joe feet? I didn’t see any on the kamado joe website. Any other credible sites to buy from at decent price? Thanks everyone.