Tonights Dinner- having another couple over- going healthy as I need to lose weight and he is on the heart transplant list. So, low sodium, substituted much of the butter with avacado oil, etc. Anyway, chicken breast, salmon, salad and my 'what is it' dish of sweet potatoes, carrots, mango, korean cinnamon and brown and turbanado sugar- all cooked on the Big Joe. Sorry, we were half-way through dinner when I remembered to take the final pics.

fullsizeoutput_53a.thumb.jpeg.d24ce1b5ba374d9cf49de4dd6ddb7310.jpeg

IMG_2776.thumb.JPG.20f064b17b3245974a080c02a91a4d6a.JPG

IMG_2777.thumb.JPG.30990df7ce82e367bd9622cc1acea426.JPG

fullsizeoutput_538.thumb.jpeg.6911c69f471c378d726ca90e203d2f0a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_539.thumb.jpeg.16f8f0ffc536a4175770662c26a99291.jpeg

IMG_2781.thumb.JPG.8f71c79ef04876054822fecf2b0714f2.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CentralTexBBQ
      Farewell tour... the beef, beef, and more beef why do people show without RSVPing Central Texas Style cook

plate ribs on at 6:30, cooked at 275° – 283°, pulled at 1:30 at ~203°.

spinach, honeycrisp apples, cranberries, candied pecans, strawberriespepitas,

pulled cowboy steaks @ 137°...

somewhow missed the sweet potatoes and mac and cheese...

• By Brickyoung
      Hey folks,

i am considering purchasing a grill extender for my Big Joe.  I want to purchase the Kamado Joe branded expander but I am curious if anyone can suggest some good alternatives? Thanks! 
    • By Cooking in Ohio
      Has anyone replaced your old felt gasket , with the new mesh style ? If so have you tried just replacing just the dome or the bottom half , and leaving the other side with nothing ? 
      Thanks for any input you may have
    • By ret42
      Still fairly new to smoking in general, let alone on the Kamado, but my favorite thing to smoke on the MES was salmon. Despite my best efforts, I never managed to screw it up. Figured with a sale on wild caught Sockeye at Fresh Market, it was a good time to test my luck on the Joe. I started out with the brine recipe here: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/final-smoked-salmon-with-recipe-instructions-and-qview.91264/

Here's the shot after the brine:

My biggest concern was keeping the temperature low. After some suggestions from some of the guys on here, I found the biggest, lumpiest blocks in the bag and started the fire:

Salmon went on the grill immediately to warm up with it.

This was also my first cook with the MEATER Block, so I got to test that out as well. There was definitely some disparity between the two probes, but I'm going to give them a few more rounds before I write em off. I'm curious what anyone else's experience with these is.

Mandatory. Huge fan of bourbon, and coffee, and stouts. If you haven't had anything from Alltech Brewing, I highly recommend it!

Almost done

And complete.

Graph of the finished cook from the MEATER app. I may have fallen asleep towards the end, there. Notifications weren't super notifying.

I'd definitely call this cook a flying success. If I keep this up I may even sell the MES.
    • By itskrod00
      Hello everyone, 

I finally joined the Kamado Joe team. Pulled the trigger and bought a big Joe at a local Costco Road show. I also have a weber 26incher which I love. And a camp chef flat top. After approx 5 years of day dreamin’ and planning i finally have my bbq island. It just needs counters now.

cant wait to enjoy my first cook on my big joe. Any ideas on what I should kick first while learning the intricacies of the big joe.

lastly where can I buy some kamado joe feet? I didn’t see any on the kamado joe website. Any other credible sites to buy from at decent price? Thanks everyone.