• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got them to post by accessing via “my photo stream” instead of “camera roll” no idea why it works that way, photos are same size, etc

Posted Images

We would need more information. 

What exact steps are you doing? 

What is the error message? 

My guess is (from previously reported problems), you are trying to upload really large photos. If I remember correctly (I could have this wrong) there is an upper limit somewhere around 4 mb. With a newer smartphone camera (iPhone or otherwise) the pictures are in the 8 mb size so cause errors when uploading. Most of us run the pictures through a editor of some sort and reduce the size of the picture to be uploaded. 

1 hour ago, Mewantkj said:

I see this happen more often than I would like.  I assumed it was because I am on a beta ios11.  Admittedly it has kept me from posting cooks.  

Ben, I'm fairly confident in my reply above. Grab a photo editor or resizer app and post more cooks ;)

11 hours ago, ckreef said:

Ben, I'm fairly confident in my reply above. Grab a photo editor or resizer app and post more cooks ;)

Resizing in iOS with the built in editor helps most of the time.  The problem I see is that the phone is not uploading jpgs, but a proprietary Apple format *.htec or something like that.  

3 minutes ago, Mewantkj said:

Resizing in iOS with the built in editor helps most of the time.  The problem I see is that the phone is not uploading jpgs, but a proprietary Apple format *.htec or something like that.  

Gotcha- figured it was something related to the format by the Phone 

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

If you are using a new iphone, it's proprietary image file format seems to be incompatible here.

Correct but isn’t there some kinds third party app that I could use to by pass this? I use to use photobucket but no longer for me 

41 minutes ago, dj714 said:

Correct but isn’t there some kinds third party app that I could use to by pass this? I use to use photobucket but no longer for me 

The best thing to do is change the setting on the phone where it uses standard JPG format and then your problem will probably disappear.

not

2 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

The best thing to do is change the setting on the phone where it uses standard JPG format and then your problem will probably disappear.

not sure that's an option on iphone