JayhawkPharmer

Hope the bookworms can't find me.

Finally got a couple decent book shelves and started to organize my books.  Vast majority are BBQ/Smoking/Grilling, but also have some general all-inclusive books, some specific food books (pizza, bread/etc), and some specific cooking method books (sous vide, instant-pot, air fryer, etc).  Including a small stack of really small ones, I think there are 99 books here, and most likely a few more floating around the house.  Stack of ten Kamado books, but the top two are better than all of the others combined.  Anyway....if there are any egregious omissions from my library, I'd be interested to add them.  Have plenty of shelf space there to grow!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I didn’t see the project smoke book. 

If you have a good local library, you can borrow a page from my book.  Take anything you are interested in out of the library.  Only purchase the books you really like. This saves major $$$ for lump and food.  

4 hours ago, Ben S said:

I didn’t see the project smoke book. 

If you have a good local library, you can borrow a page from my book.  Take anything you are interested in out of the library.  Only purchase the books you really like. This saves major $$$ for lump and food.  

Yep, got it.  Love the show, so had it on Amazon pre-order. 

3rd pic from top, just right of center, with a few other Raichlen books. ;)

Our library is is pretty small.  Something about having an actual hard copy of a book just feels 'right' to me.  Probably has something to do with my pops being a High School English, Drama, Debate, Speech teacher for 35 years... kinda had it in my genes.

image.jpeg

11 hours ago, John Setzler said:

I have more ‘bbq/grilling’ books than i should.  I buy them on whims mostly.  I have stopped though.  Been focusing on the books that will help me in other areas of cooking.  They all do have some nice recipe collections.  

Yeah, I've cut back on this some.  Now it's more of the specialized cooking that I need real help with, the InstaPot, AirFryer, SousVide, etc... I know that there's a multitude of info online for those, but I'm a sucker for the hard copy.  And when I see something coming out from people I really like, I definitely have that "gotta get it" obsessive urge.  You can pretty much put me down for a Pre-Order for anything from CHRIS GROVE, Raichlen, AdamPerryLang, Chris Lilly, etc...  

My kids love looking through the books that have a lot of pictures... Looking for new stuff to try.  Trying to get them more into the process of cooking, but seeing a professional photograph of a legit grill master makes them want to 'help their old man out' more and more.  There may just be some method to my madness. ;) 

18 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Book shelves, and more importantly the books,  are awesome!  And bonus points for what appears to be a leg lamp like in A Christmas Story....  

Thanks.  Thought the Leg Lamp worked there pretty well.  It's on a floor speaker, and the sub-woofer is just to the left, with an outdoor animatronic pink flamingo on it.  Thought the flamingo might be sensory overload, especially with the Scooby Doo FatHeads on the same wall. ;). Have a bunch of iron pigs and stuff to add too, but haven't dug them out yet.