Pit Boss Thermometer

BennyB

Hi all,

I've had a feeling that my Pit Boss temp probe was a bit out so I tested it tonight in boiling water and it taps out at around 180f (my Thermopen read 211.6f). It doesn't look like you can calibrate it - I had a look at the end and although there's a ridge that a screwdriver can go in it doesn't move.

I've seen a few people replace their gauge and Tell Tru brand pops up a lot, is there a particular model everyone recommends and where would I get it online? I'm in Australia so online is likely the only option.

Cheers,

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

I dont want to sway you, but I was having the same issue when I first got my grill, almost identical readings actually. I noticed this year it somehow corrected itself is reading MUCH more accurately.  I use other temp probs (electronic) so I was not too worried, but I found it interesting.

Get a good dual-probe digital remote thermometer and don't worry about the dome temp.  I'm now using the Thermoworks Smoke after spending much more on cheapo thermometer after cheapo thermometer.  Wish I'd gotten the Smoke first...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...