keeperovdeflame

New Lodge Round (double handle) skillets

Probably, like a lot of you all, I have a few lodge skillets with the long  handles cut off so they  fit well in my kamado. I have a 2 handled enameled braiser and the two handled lid of a 5 quart dutch oven, but have always wondered why Lodge didn't offer a line of two handled skillets. Well, motivated, my John's post on dressing up the finish on a Lodge pan, I did some research. This line of double handled lodge skillets is reportedly new and just out. I purchased the 12" skillet. Can't beat the price, and absolutely perfect for use in a kamado. . 

https://www.lehmans.com/product/lodge-cast-iron-round-pans/

Awesome post, @keeperovdeflame!  Thanks for letting us know!!!! This is very exciting.  Although I have to admit, I feel pretty cool when I break out my one with the hacked off handle. I mean.... there was a chop saw involved!  It doesn't get cooler than that.  But this does seem to be a bit more civilized way to go. :)

3 hours ago, K'man said:

They are a nice looking pan for sure.

yeah, I thought so, and you can't beat the price point. Very nice gear for not too much money. The 12" fits my Egg very well. I like to do a whole pan seared chicken, with veggies. Quite impressive when you bring the sizziling pan to the table.

24 minutes ago, keeperovdeflame said:

yeah, I thought so, and you can't beat the price point. Very nice gear for not too much money. The 12" fits my Egg very well. I like to do a whole pan seared chicken, with veggies. Quite impressive when you bring the sizziling pan to the table.

Darn it. Now I want one. Not sure what size though. All seem like they could be handy. 

I like both the 10" and the 12" you have plenty of room for small cooks and enough room for larger jobs as well. I just roasted a big batch of brussels sprouts for a church pot luck in my 12 last evening after frying only four strips of bacon. The bigger pans are kinda like the Big joe, you can get by with the Classic for normal cooks but when you need more room, it's handy to have the Big Boy. 

Glad to see that Lodge is offering smaller Loop Handle skillets. We've had the 17" version

for several years and it is really handy. We have a Kamado K9 and use the large skillet

for cooks like pork roast, sauerkraut and taters, pot roast, etc. We have a large inventory

of cast iron utensils and use them daily. Looks like a few more will be added to the collection. LOL!

Thanks for the info.

Thanks Keeper, Just grabbed one. 

You need to post that lovely...I think it was a Greek roasted chicken recipe again. Now that I have that pan on the way and some time to do some cooking I'd like to take a shot at it. 

If it taste half as good as your post made it look...I need to try it. 

But then again everything you cook looks great! 

I just picked 2 12” lodge skillets for 15.00 each at a target over the border.  I was shocked as they are 60.00 Canadian here.  I need them for my pizza oven coking.  

These no handles look great! I kind of wish I saw this post before I bought mine.  But the handle is not a huge deal for any of my cookers... still like he look of the no handle better 

27 minutes ago, bosco said:

I just picked 2 12” lodge skillets for 15.00 each at a target over the border.  I was shocked as they are 60.00 Canadian here.  I need them for my pizza oven coking.  

Unreal.  Wish we had that kind of pricing.