Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

Grill grabber installation

Trying to install the grill grabber on side table of 18” Joe.  Included in package with grabber was a package of parts. Where do these parts go and how are they put together?  Please advise

Thanks

7 hours ago, Wendy said:

Trying to install the grill grabber on side table of 18” Joe.  Included in package with grabber was a package of parts. Where do these parts go and how are they put together?  Please advise

Thanks

Wendy, not sure how to help you - I picked up my Big Joe used.  You might want to make a post in the Kamado Joe section - you might get a quicker response.  Hope you find your answer.  I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish....but I think I may have remembered something about a few small parts to be used for securing the two sections of the nest???  And as for the grate grabber "installation" - I thought it just hung on the hooks on the side shelf - but maybe I am missing the mark on your question.

Look forward to seeing some cooking posts from you!

6 hours ago, Wendy said:

Yes there is a nut, a sleeve and a small “Ferrell” included in the package with the grate grabber.  Where do these part go?

5 hours ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

Those are "in case" you have to remove the top  of your KJ.   There are youtube videos available that explain it or it might be in the manual.   Real men don't need instructions so I haven't read the manual yet.ee38c91b307b3a91b1cfd8c3d3fe07a5.png.b34c9bb3568055ace7bafb24e76113da.png

Correct

You install the nut, ferrel and sleeve on the bottom of the hinge spring bolt and it keeps the air lift hinge from springing open if you ever need to remove the bands to swap out the top dome