bhop

Pork Loin Roast w/ Bourbon Marmalade Glaze

Kamado Joe Jr. 

375* 

1 chunk pecan wood

1 chunk apple wood

Approx 50 minutes or internal temp reaches 140-160.

Rub: 

3 tbsp dark brown sugar

2 tbsp paprika

1 tbsp kosher salt

Dash of garlic powder

Dash of crushed rosemary

Dash cayenne pepper

Dash of seven pepper medley

(Save a little bit for the glaze later)

Now the fun part. It's one of my favorite ways to top any pork loin. 

Bourbon marmalade glaze:

1 shot bourbon

Top half of a jar of orange marmalade

Splash of worsteschire sauce

Splash of teriaki sauce

1 tbsp of Country Bob's or BBQ sauce(dont over do it here)

And a dash of left over rub

In a small saucepan bring your favorite bourbon (about a shot's worth or more depending on your taste buds) to a simmer. Then, add about the top half of a jar of orange marmalade to the bourbon. Then add the remainder of ingredients stirring frequently until a rich brown color is achieved. Remove from heat and add a small amount to the loin just before you take it off. 

This thing is super easy and one of my favorites to do. This loin cost me 8 bucks and could've easily fed 6 people. Cheap and full of flavor. 

K9cprNi.jpgzeIPOcv.jpg

ETA: 

I forgot to mentiom that after you take the glaze off of the heat, you can add a little ginger ale, sprite, or anything really to thin it out just a bit. I used ginger ale last night. 

Cheers. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TheGHole
      Hey everyone!

Made these gorgeous pork belly tacos tonight and would love to share how I did them.  I was going for some Mexican and Asian flavors, and couldn't have been happier with the result.  The only issue at all was a light spot on the pork due to liquid pooling there during the cook because the belly was a bit big for my standard Joe and I had to scrunch it a little.

PORK BELLY
      1.  I brined it for about 14 hours in a mix of pineapple juice, teriyaki, and soy sauce after scoring the fat sight relatively deeply
      2.  Dried the belly and rubbed it with Killer Hogs BBQ Rub on all sides
      3.  Smoked on Kamado Joe at 240 with some cherry wood to add a light fruity smoke favor (no wrapping because I wanted some meaty bite in the taco)
      4.  When I had internals around 185, I glazed the belly and cooked for another 20ish minutes
      5.  Broiled the belly inside for 2 minutes to tighten up the glaze and crisp the fat even more
      6.  Rested the meat for about 40 minutes (should have gone longer but people were too hungry :D )

GLAZE
      1.  Mix together raw honey, soy sauce, salt, worcestershire sauce, peach preservers (wanted pineapple to go with the brine but couldn't find it), apple cider vinegar, kosher salt, black pepper, hot bone sucking bbq sauce, and some secret super hot scotch bonnet hot sauce I bought in Anguilla.  All of this is unmeasured and I mixed to taste.
      2.  Simmer on the stove until the mixture reduces a bit and thickens up, allow to cool off the heat

TOPPINGS
      1.  Home made guacamole (avocado, lots of lime, onion, kosher salt, pepper, cilantro)
      2.  Home made Chipotle Crema (sour cream, heavy cream, lime juice, canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, adobo sauce, kosher salt)
      3.  Grilled pineapple on the same grates I cooked the pork on
      4.  Cojita Cheese
      5.  Cilantro
      6.  Home made pickled onions (red onion, apple cider vinegar, kosher salt, sugar, water)

Please enjoy the pictures, and as usual, ask any questions!

• By benadriaensen
      Hi all

After a very long time of reading reviews, comparing prices, and saving money, I've finally bought a KJ Classic (see picture).
      I am based in Switzerland, where upper grade meat cuts are very expensive, so I'd love to learn more about cooking cheaper cuts of meat. 
      Here's a random selection of thoughts I have so far:

1. Some of my favourite meals ever included hot smoked razor clams and octopus. Would anyone have an idea where I could find more info on this forum about this?
      2. I do have some very specific questions, e.g.: when cooking burgers on a cast iron griddle, does the fire provide a significant amount of taste, as compared to a stovetop? How should I go about finding more information? Is it ok to start a new threat and ask directly?

Looking forward to learning from this community

Ben

• By TheGHole
      Made these Jack and Coke chicken thighs last night, recipe courtesy of http://howtobbqright.com/2016/10/07/jack-coke-chicken-thighs/.  Turned out incredible!  Meat was super rich and juicy, the skin tighten up with the ultra flavorful tacky glaze, and they even formed up pretty nice.  I served them with some sweet corn on the cob, pasta salad with fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, and some other things, and a mustard vinaigrette butter lettuce salad.

My only recipe modifications were that I used peach preserves instead of pineapple because I couldn't find pineapple, and I used half the brown sugar that the recipe said in the glaze because my all purpose rub has some sugar and the one he uses does not.  Next time, I would make the glaze slightly less salty to let some of the other notes shine through a bit more, and I might put a little less wood one before smoking.  Overall very happy with how these turned out and encourage y'all to try it!

Please let me know if you have any tips or questions...I'm always trying to get better!

• By pmillen
      Ingredients
      1 Pkg. Costco Country Style Ribs
      Marinade Ingredients
      1 cup white distilled vinegar
      ¼ cup ketchup
      ¼ cup apple juice
      3 tablespoons Light brown sugar
      1 tablespoon kosher salt
      1 teaspoon hot sauce (tapatio)
      1 teaspoon ground pepper
      1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions
      1.   Cut the pork into golf ball sized chunks and marinate it for 24 hours
      2.   Preheat your kamado to 300°F with your favorite smoke wood chunks added
      3.   Grill the pork until the internal temperature is about 205°F and the pork chunks probe tender (about an hour)
      4.   Consolidate the pork chunks into throw-away pans and cover them with BBQ sauce
      5.   Return the sauced chunks to the kamado to set the sauce

Marinating

On the kamado with heat deflectors below

Light blue smoke at 297°F

Out of the kamado and ready for sauce

Consolidated, with 2 different sauces

I have a photograph of the finished product but adding it exceeded the 14.65MB limit.

• By mslagle
      This is the second year we have done beef wellington for Christmas Eve dinner. Not going to lie, this dish takes a lot of prep work.

This year I decided to do everything but the puff pastry the night before. Prepped the mushroom duxelles and sauted it until completely dry. Shingled prosciutto and spread a thin layer of the mushroom duxelles over it. Quickly seared the center cut of a prime beef tenderloin and brushed it with dijon mustard. Used Oak Ridge BBQ’s Carne Crusta Steakhouse & Santa Maria rubs. Then wrapped it in the prosciutto/duxelles layer and put it in the fridge overnight. On Christmas Eve I wrapped it in a puff pastry and topped it with another layer of latticed pastry. Cooked on the Kamado Joe at +/- 400 degrees. Pulled the beef wellington when the internal temperature reached 127 degrees. Served it with salad, baked potatoes and a red wine reduction. I forgot got to get a picture while it was on the grill, and the money shot didn’t have the best lighting, but it was a perfect medium rare in the center. The wife and in-laws loved it and that’s what Christmas is all about!