CentralTexBBQ

Late To The Party: KJ Big Block Boxed

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By uhmump95
      I just got a 26 inch Weber kettle  for Father's day.  Since I have been using my Kamado for the last year, I love using lump charcoal.  Is there any benefit to using lump in a kettle?  I read an article on the Weber site and it said lump cooks fast on a kettle grill.  Hopefully my peeps here can give me some insight.  

Lump charcoal use on kettle please give me your thoughts.
    • By Big Biscuit
      Some wangs seasoned with Oak Ridge BBQ Secret Weapon and slathered with Sweet & Spicy, and Honey BBQ Baby Ray's sauce. I also added a little extra heat via some cayenne pepper powder. 
       I just started a load of lump charcoal with a starter cube. Put the ×-rack on the high position, placed the heat diffuser half moons on, and then the grill grate. I closed the dome and opened the bottom vent completely. Then I opened the daisy wheel so all the holes aligned and swung the vent on top about a 1/4 of the way open. Waited for the temp to approach 400°, then closed the bottom vent about half way. Put the wings on and flipped them a few time so they would cook evenly. When they were almost done placed them in a stainless steel bowl tossed them with sauce threw them back on for a few minutes and viola!

• By CentralTexBBQ
      No rub but well seasoned- 10 quarters for a customer andh one spatchcocked bird and another breast / wings thrown in. Rolling @ 220° for the moment. Willcrank to ~350° at cook end to crisp skin
      Ready @ 3pm.

• By CentralTexBBQ
      So after the flu kicked my behind for about a week and getting caught up at work and a bought of sheer laziness, I got back on the Big Joe when the men came over Saturday. First, I was surprised by the amount of lump left over from my brisket cook a few weeks ago. For me at least, this pic blows a hole in the idea that colder temps burn a lot more lump. In about 9° and after 13 hours, this is the amount of lump left over.

Forgot to get a pic on the Big Joe, but I did hash browned potatoes in a CI skillet, jalapeno and cheddar scrambled eggs and my favorite kielbasa. The giant Texas sized biscuit was done in the oven.

Currently on the smoker is a spatchcocked hen with roasted veggies in my D.O. and basting with herb infused water and avacado oil

• By CentralTexBBQ
      The planned 29° Brisket cook was postponed due to necessity and has now become a 9°, 7 inches of snow Brisket Cook.