DWFII

High temp, non-toxic Ceramic glue...

What is refractory cement and how does it differ from the JBWeld/

I have a BGE firebox that is in pieces...I am not even sure I can fit it all back together (it's a 3D jigsaw puzzle) or even how to go about doing it or if it would be wiser just buy a replacement.

I don't know. The whole firebox is in pieces. In the photo, I have pieced the firebox together enough that it will more or less support the fire ring but it is really wonky and pretty hard to get into position...simply not enough of the bottom. 

I was hoping for some feedback in that other thread from others who may have refurbished a BGE but maybe I'm asking the wrong questions. I have never cooked on a kamado--I just got an Akorn put together and then I got the BGE given to me. So I don't know how to proceed or even whether it is worth it to proceed.

I registered over at the Egghead forum but even though I am logged in, I can't seem to start a new thread or post questions. I got a notice saying that Admin would notify me. But it's been several days with no notice...and, as someone said here--it's kind of a weird vibe over there. 

And I think the post with the photos that you referred to is in the BGE thread on this forum.