• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
    • John Setzler

$3 Plate Lunch Challenge!   01/16/2018

Don't forget to participate in this challenge!!!    
KismetKamado

17 and Counting

As for the 17.... Nope, it’s not kids.....  and though some of you might find it hard to believe, it’s not Kamados either....

17 years of marriage today for my husband and I... to each other I might add. Lol. 

And the best best part is... we both forgot until mid morning. He pointed at me and said “a ha - you forgot too!”  And I immediately knew what he meant.  

17 years ago, I’ll never forget him looking at me after we finished the marriage license paper work, standing there at the courthouse, and telling me “now you hold on to that receipt in case we need to get our money back”.  Ah, the memories....

So, we decided to do a nice meal as our impromptu gift for each other. I ran to the store and splurged. Tomahawk Ribeye and lobster tail for him. Prime New York Strip for me.  Since we had so much food we decided to spread out the meal over the course of the day. 

Had salads mid afternoon

A96BB7A3-6BDD-4B28-801A-651C8C1CA6C4.thumb.jpeg.36190234200f6f9aeb56b044613f7cf9.jpeg

Then grilled spinach artichoke ravioli with a jalapeño artichoke dip for an early evening app

ED2A7085-6588-40ED-80A0-782D50368118.thumb.jpeg.44bd07ccd41af555f09d3213d3ec25a1.jpeg

My husband had his lobster tail while I was doing the sides

F5E2E7E0-807B-4112-AB02-397AA6B3ACC6.thumb.jpeg.4e0cb7f99277a5534f240c33c7aae285.jpeg

And then on to a late evening dinner...

His ribeye

2C30EB44-4353-4A02-AD1B-4A4A4322046A.thumb.jpeg.7867dbfeeeab52ba957f9132cf584d2d.jpeg

And my plate

521097FF-529E-442B-A005-86A61D5259FA.thumb.jpeg.2610f4514c0e7f114662267ffd2ac802.jpeg

And sadly, 17 years is not the Komodo Kamado year apparently...  Maybe it’s 18.... I hope!

1 hour ago, philpom said:

Awesome, congrats and nice meal to celebrate with!

Thanks!  Glad we spread it out. Neither of us had eaten since lunch yesterday. But it would have been way too much at once. I still only made it through half my steak. 

40 minutes ago, Panchango said:

Congrats on 17 years together. 

Very nice meals.

Thank you, Panchango!  Probably closer to 20 together overall I think. We are not the celebration type - pretty low-key here. Probably forgot more than half the anniversaries. Never any big “to do” over it when we do remember. Just a nice meal is about perfect.  Last year I was traveling for work and my flight to get home was cancelled. No biggie.... 

48 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Congratulations. All the food looks fantastic. Bet that was a bit over $3 LOL 

Just a wee bit... lol. Thought about putting a sliver of lobster and ribeye with the veggies for a $3 plate....

13 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Thank you, Panchango!  Probably closer to 20 together overall I think. We are not the celebration type - pretty low-key here. Probably forgot more than half the anniversaries. Never any big “to do” over it when we do remember. Just a nice meal is about perfect.  Last year I was traveling for work and my flight to get home was cancelled. No biggie.... 

I'm a lucky guy, I forget the anniversaries all the time, but she has no clue when it is. I can literally pick any day between Sept and Oct and she thinks I'm correct. It's like the only thing she thinks I'm right about.