Logan

WTB: Cast iron KJ chimney

I'm looking for the cast iron chimney piece for a Classic Joe. I've been using a SmoBot vent and it would be nice to have it always mounted to one chimney for overnight smokes and have another I can use for high-temp and regular cooks.

2 hours ago, Logan said:

I'm looking for the cast iron chimney piece for a Classic Joe. I've been using a SmoBot vent and it would be nice to have it always mounted to one chimney for overnight smokes and have another I can use for high-temp and regular cooks.

You could upgrade and buy the new Kontrol Tower

https://www.bbqguys.com/kamado-joe/cast-aluminum-kontrol-tower-top-vent

On 1/11/2018 at 6:48 AM, John Setzler said:

Check with Kamado Joe to see if they can provide you with a new one?

Sure, I just wanted to see if anyone had an old one lying around first, from a warranty replacement on a dome or some such thing.

1 hour ago, Logan said:

Sure, I just wanted to see if anyone had an old one lying around first, from a warranty replacement on a dome or some such thing.

I might have an old less-than-perfect one around here somewhere if you haven't found one yet.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:13 AM, John Setzler said:

I might have an old less-than-perfect one around here somewhere if you haven't found one yet.

That would be great. I don't care if it's rusty.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Big Biscuit
      Some wangs seasoned with Oak Ridge BBQ Secret Weapon and slathered with Sweet & Spicy, and Honey BBQ Baby Ray's sauce. I also added a little extra heat via some cayenne pepper powder. 
       I just started a load of lump charcoal with a starter cube. Put the ×-rack on the high position, placed the heat diffuser half moons on, and then the grill grate. I closed the dome and opened the bottom vent completely. Then I opened the daisy wheel so all the holes aligned and swung the vent on top about a 1/4 of the way open. Waited for the temp to approach 400°, then closed the bottom vent about half way. Put the wings on and flipped them a few time so they would cook evenly. When they were almost done placed them in a stainless steel bowl tossed them with sauce threw them back on for a few minutes and viola!

• By 12v_dub
      Hi Guys,
      Few years back I posted my build on a custom cedar table for my old Char-griller Akorn kamado. I have recently purchased and upgraded to Kamado Joe Classic II and am currently building a new table for it. It is all being made using western red cedar. I will be updating progress periodically. 
      Overall dimensions are as follows: 84" (L) x 36" (W) x 32" (H) 
      Grill will be placed in the middle with 2 lower shelves on each side. 

Picture of the old grill set up. 

• By St1brew
      Anyone ever try this? Will it fit my vision pro series c?  These things are beautiful in stand alone version, however I'm not really concerned about the aesthetics but more about functionality. The one for the Weber kettle  looks like it does a nice job. Thanks in advance for any information.

-Stone

Arteflame insert for BGE 18''
    • By CentralTexBBQ
      No rub but well seasoned- 10 quarters for a customer andh one spatchcocked bird and another breast / wings thrown in. Rolling @ 220° for the moment. Willcrank to ~350° at cook end to crisp skin
      Ready @ 3pm.

• By CentralTexBBQ
      The planned 29° Brisket cook was postponed due to necessity and has now become a 9°, 7 inches of snow Brisket Cook.