Sign in to follow this  
acr

Extra Spit Rod for Joetisserie

Thanks,

I looked at those and they do not look the same as the joetisserie rod.  Those (and all of the rods I see for sale) are threaded on the end.  The KJ rod is round and pointy on the end.

Next problem with the onegrill rods, - none of them are the right length, they go from too short to too long. 

The joetisserie rod is just a hair over 24.5 inches. The closest match at onegrill is 24.0".  There is a bit of wiggle room but not a full 1/2 inch shorter.

The next longest is too long, would need to remove 3.5" but the round/threaded portion is only 1".  Cut off more than that and you have a hard steel square rod bouncing around in soft painted aluminum cradle ment for a smooth round rod.   I'm sure that would quickly mess up the paint and probably eventually start to cut though the aluminum.

Sounds like the answer may be that the cost of a extra shaft is $250 (the cost of a whole new joetisserie)

6 hours ago, vandy said:

Go to a Kamado Joe dealer, they should be able to order individual parts for you.

That's not as easy as it sounds.  The only dealers we have around here are Ace and Kitchen Kaboodle.   Haven't dealt with Kitchen Kaboodle but most of the people at Ace wouldn't know the difference between a Kamado and a space module.   I swear some of them (not all) only work there because they flunked the drug test at McDonalds.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, BURGER MEISTER said:

That's not as easy as it sounds.  The only dealers we have around here are Ace and Kitchen Kaboodle.   Haven't dealt with Kitchen Kaboodle but most of the people at Ace wouldn't know the difference between a Kamado and a space module.   I swear some of them (not all) only work there because they flunked the drug test at McDonalds.

You might want to contact Kamado Joe customer service to find out if their dealers can even order and extra spit rod.