Sign in to follow this  
Tjwell

Sous Vide $49.98 at Sams Club

On 1/20/2018 at 10:08 AM, Tjwell said:

Basic unit for $50.00 can't not buy one at that price!

Seems like they get decent reviews.  I love my Anova, but was a little hesitant on spending so much (would do it again in a heartbeat now that I know how much we enjoy it).  This might be a good way for those that are on the fence to get into it affordably.

Made some egg cups that were tasty and did some round eye steaks that I will sear and slice paper thin for sandwiches. Haven't tried the steak yet.

Checked temp throughout the bath and held perfect temp.

I've been eyeing those at Sams and happened to find one for $35 on closeout the other day.  Open box display model.  Snatched it up.   Everything works fine with it.   Now it's time to play with it.  I used to make yogurt with individual containers,  I like that with this I can make it in a large container.   

I bought one and did a prime rib with it. I monitored the temp in three locations using two thermoworks chef alarms and a thermoworks smoke. The unit held temp perfectly for 12 hours and pushed enough water around a 8 lb prime rib. Best 49 bucks I ever spent. This was to add to my two Anova WiFi precision cookers. 

15 hours ago, bbqboss84601 said:

I bought one and did a prime rib with it. I monitored the temp in three locations using two thermoworks chef alarms and a thermoworks smoke. The unit held temp perfectly for 12 hours and pushed enough water around a 8 lb prime rib. Best 49 bucks I ever spent. This was to add to my two Anova WiFi precision cookers. 

Good to know. 

That's frequently the downside to the lower cost controllers - they drift in temperature by a few degrees. Not a huge deal if you're cooking big hunks of meat, but if you are trying something that requires a finer touch, like eggs, you'd get varying results.

Glad to see this one works well!