K'man

Multigrain Bread

I am by no means a baker however I have a bread machine and recently been experimenting with pizza doughs and bread.  I came across this blend of flour https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi5hIPBpOfYAhUBQKwKHZnUAooQFggpMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.robinhood.ca%2FEn%2FProducts%2FBest-For-Bread-Multigrain&usg=AOvVaw3mx1bWAFpvC3kQNZXklD11  

I looked on line at various recipes for multigrain bread but all seemed to combine the individual ingredients as opposed to a pre-packaged blend.  There were no bread machine recipes that I could find that specifically dealt with a multigrain blend such as this so I came up with this recipe;

12.7 oz. Robin Hood multigrain flour

1 cup of water 80-90˚F

1 tbsp.  oil

1 tsp. salt

1-1/2 tsp. sugar

1 rounded tsp. IDY

I used the bread machine to knead the dough and then placed it in a saran covered bowl in my oven, light on, for 3 hours.  I transferred the dough back to the bread machine, set it to the"Bake" setting for 60 minutes.  

Here's the finished product.  It exceeded my expectations.

Thanks for looking

IMG_1862.JPG

IMG_1861.JPG

That looks awesome!  I'm in the same baker's boat as you and was thinking I need to figure out how to make some multi-grain bread the other day.  Thanks for the recipe, will give this a shot!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By KamadoJosephine
      After several failed attempts at pizza doughs (including growing my own wild yeast for one batch), I may have stumbled upon the mother lode.My goal is to find a pizza dough that takes no work and tastes really good.  Is easy to make & store, yet makes a light, fluffy, and crispy base.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of the dough making process, however I will rectify this heinous oversight in the very near future.  Basically, it's a 65% hydration dough prepared in a bloody bread machine.  For this test, I put the mix into the machine in the morning before I went to work, and set the timer so it would be done just before I got home.

Arrived home, checked the dough and it looked nice and boofy.  So I lit up KJ and then rolled out a couple of pizzas.  Here's the meaty one

After a prior effort being all delicate and "ooh I'd better have the temp around 550F or my panties might catch on fire", I decided it was time to let the big red dog off its leash:

That's right.  This knob goes to 11

After measuring the stone temp at around 400C, I threw on the meatyboy:

Peekaboo, I see you (and you look delicious):

Pulling it off:

Yeah baby, that's what momma's talking about:

Mmmm, meat & cheese & carbs

Temp might have been a scooch high, as shown by the burned bits on the base, but I like burned bits, so I'm going to try again with different toppings.  I also used an inferior mozzarella cheese - it was a bit oilier than the fancy Italian one I normally use.

Still got a way to go, but am really enjoying the journey.  Thanks to all here who've posted tips & tricks and to @John Setzler for his glorious obsession and vids
    • By John Setzler
      I decided to whip up an attempt at home made hamburger buns this evening
      and was semi successful… I used the bread machine to make the dough
      and then put together some bun shapes and tossed them in the oven…

The recipe is as follows:

Ingredients (In this order in the bread machine):

1 1/2 cups water
      1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
      1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
      1 1/2 teaspoons salt
      3 cups all-purpose flour
      3/4 cup wheat flour
      1 1/2 teaspoons active bread yeast
      (You can use all white flour in this recipe if u want to)

Put the bread machine on the dough cycle and let it rip. When it’s done, take the dough out and put it on a lightly floured surface. Get a kitchen scale and weigh out 9 4-ounce (roughly) dough balls. Shape the
      dough balls into mini-buns and put them on a greased cookie sheet and cover them with a kitchen towel and let rise for about 30 minutes or so. Preheat the oven to 400°. Cook the buns for somewhere between 12 and
      18 minutes. Keep your eye on them after about 10 minutes and when the top crust is browned, pull them out and let cook on a wire rack.

I cooked mine maybe a tad too long… maybe not. The crust was just slightly crunchy on this round. I may cook them again and pull them a little sooner. They tasted fantastic…