• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!

1 hour ago, RRL2 said:

OHH nice!

still showing as BO on this side and havent yet seen any on the floor between 2 costcos i go to

My Costco had it last week, but was sold out as of yesterday. They seem to be selling fast. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Txbullets
      Hi everyone!

So I am in the market for my 1st Kamado grill. Not looking to break the bank on a BGE or a KJ. Leaning towards the Pit Boss K24 once it shows up at Costco and hoping it is 599 in store as oppose to the 750 on their site. That being said I was in Academy yesterday and saw their Outdoor Gourmet. Looking at it on here the ones posted in the past seem to be different than the one they have now. Having not looked at a pit boss in person I fell this “new” Outdoor Gourmet resembles the pit boss a lot. They went from a 90 day warranty a few years ago to a 1 year warranty now. Still nowhere near as good as a lifetime.   Here is the link. 

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/outdoor-gourmet™-kamado-ceramic-charcoal-grill

Just thought i would share share and get your thoughts. I live across the street from academy so I can try to stop by tomorrow and get some pictures. 

Also it does come with a deflector plate. 

• By au4stree
      I have no idea how I'm just discovering this site, this is awesome!

I'm in the market for a new Kamado.  I've narrowed it down to the Big Joe and a Summit Charcoal.  I'm leaning heavy towards the Big Joe, but am curious to know how deep the discount is at Costco.....  The roadshow schedule isn't coming to B'ham in the near future, but I'm willing to drive over to ATL.  Question:  For those what are near a costco, what are the current prices for the grills?  
      Also, I read on kamadojoe.com that the warranty is not honored when purchased from a store like Costco.  I realize Costco might pick up the warranty, but wanted to verify other's experience.  

I appreciate the advice and look forward to the future discussions.

• By LargeRedJoe
      The new schedule is up: https://www.costco.com/kamado-joe-schedule.html

Lots of stores in the Southeast are in play. 
    • By jadocs
      I've had great success with long smokes with my K24 and iGrill to monitor grate and meat temps. The iGrill allowed me to wirelessly monitor temps and make small adjustments to prevent swings and maintain that perfect range. Last week I attempted my second overnighter after the temps settled at 250 and woke up to 180 degree grate temp. The butt and brisket still turned out fantastic, it just took a little longer than it should because I had to bring the temp back up. As a result, I decided to pick up a PartyQ from BBQ Guru for those overnight occasions.  I didn't see the need to get the more expensive options (models) since I already have the iGrill to monitor meat temps (wirelessly), and I really don't need the automatic lid opening detection since I can just shut it off when I open to baste the meat.

I've done a lot of reading on the idiosyncrasies of its use and think this will definitely be the ticket.  I'll let you guys know how it goes.  Anyone else here use the PartyQ on their Pit Boss?
    • By MaydayMayday
      Check out this deal! Just purchased the Big Joe Demo unit from Costco here in San Antonio... $1499 and they gave me the Little Joe demo unit free!
      Can't wait!