Red River Smoke

2018 Costco Pit Boss

Anyone seen these yet?  Just noticed on the Costco website today, wondering if the in store models are blue as well?  That may derail my plan of buying a Pit Boss this year, because it won't match the deck.  I think looks much the same as last year's otherwise, except for the side shelves. My Costco doesn't have much lawn and garden yet.

image.thumb.png.2cac4b38820f9429eb0c2e90fbe437a2.png

i realize it may not be of much help to you, but for us that use costco.ca, we see three versions of the K24.  black, red, blue.  each listing at $899.99 CAD

2018-01-23_8-34-59.jpg

Blue...  while we do see 3 different versions at costco.ca  if you scroll down into the product details it says "This item, in black only (item #1031588), may currently be in stock at your local Costco warehouse for immediate purchase at a cash and carry price."

So if im right its prob a hit or miss on what colors your going to see depending at which costco you go to.

Our costco.ca site also says its on back order until end of March.

19 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

That's a really great deal on a 24" grill.

agreed!  after seeing and doing some homework on the PB kamado... as much I love the KJ  the PB at half the price that comes with the deflector and a cover along with a limited lifetime warranty.. hard to beat! 

The side shelves are actually the same as last year.  They changed last year to the HPDE plastic shelves from the bamboo ones.  I actually prefer the plastic ones due to my previous one with bamboo started to discolor to a black color with the use of a cover.    Keep in mind Pit bosses 24 inch is measured on the outside diameter of the grill and not from the inside like BGE or KJ.  In essence it is a 22 or so inch interior diameter grill rather than a true 24 like the others.  Can make getting accessories a bit tricky due to sizing as well as for me personally, I would sometimes like the additional space.  

That said, its a good compromise between an 18 and 24.

Odly enough I just noticed that the lowes model comes with different shelves.    their a full one piece bamboo shelve vs Costco having the ones pictured

15 hours ago, RRL2 said:

Odly enough I just noticed that the lowes model comes with different shelves.    their a full one piece bamboo shelve vs Costco having the ones pictured

I think that is just an old picture.  I know that Dansons who makes the Pit Boss grills changed the design of the grills from the bamboo shelves.  That was one of the changes last year.  Bamboo shelves became plastic which is better IMO, the firebox split went to the front instead of the back, spark arrester screen over lower air opening, and slight change in hinge design.  

If the last 2 years are any guide, this will appear in stores for $599 for about 2 months, then, if any stock remains, drop to $399, which is what I paid for mine in 2016.

23 hours ago, scdaf said:

If the last 2 years are any guide, this will appear in stores for $599 for about 2 months, then, if any stock remains, drop to $399, which is what I paid for mine in 2016.

Yep, that's my plan!

Still rolling with my 2016 model and love it. Even at the full retail Costco price of $749 you won't go wrong. Patience is key for the end of season clearance pricing and nothing is guaranteed. Last year I checked the (2) Costco's near me and they sold their inventory in-season and NEVER got to the mark-down. With that being said the in-store price was $599.

There are still a number of Walmarts around me with last year's 22" pit boss for $349. Less grill area than the 24", but an outstanding deal. I believe they started at $599 or $699.

Brickseek link to check stock around you (enter zip):  https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=46716275

I do like the blue glaze on the new 2018, but I will keep my black because it works.

1 hour ago, Brickbat said:

There are still a number of Walmarts around me with last year's 22" pit boss for $349. Less grill area than the 24", but an outstanding deal. I believe they started at $599 or $699.

Brickseek link to check stock around you (enter zip):  https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=46716275

I do like the blue glaze on the new 2018, but I will keep my black because it works.

That's awesome i had checked the Wal-Mart's near me last fall and it didn't seem like any had ever stocked the Pit Boss kamado. I was also trying to find a cheap Akorn Jr, but they just stayed full price all winter.  But at Costco last July they definitely discounted them by $200 for a time.  

Just came back from 2 different costco locations...  the 1 in barhaven ottawa ON had gas bbq's out on display but nothing else.

The other one on hunt club Ottawa didnt even have any bbq's out on display yet