2018 Costco Pit Boss

Red River Smoke

Any sealing problems are easily remedied. I started out with a PB and would still have it today if the bloody thing hadn't cracked and Costco had no replacements and didn't know when they would be getting any back in.  Had I returned it and had no backup plan, I would have had to go about 6 months without a grill.   So I went a different route.

So I just did the 2 hour 225° cure on mine.. and this blue beast held that temp very well and never went over 230°..so it’s safe to say that bottom vent needs no modification.. well not on mine at least. I did notice that when smoke is heavy and white it will leak through The top vent where it attaches but that didn’t seem to affect temp.

I really like that Blue. I got last years model and had Costco price match the sale price. I use it all of the time and haven't had any major issues. I had to get some extra gasket to used around the upper vent and have had no issues since. I wonder if this years model resolved that issue.

thing has been a beast though through many cooks. Well worth the investment...I wish they would come out with a mini version...might have to pick up a Joe Jr.

Well after 2 years using the Kamado I made from a Keg the wife an I were in our local Costco and saw the Pit boss for £540 (including Vat) and decided to get one. We have only unboxed and checked everything at the moment when the weather gets better here we will be starting to use it. Looking forward to some nice long slow cooks this summer 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...