IKamand

On 2018-01-26 at 11:26 AM, deity6667 said:

Nice one John. Can’t wait to see more. initial impressions of build quality?

I'd imagine that the opinion will be positive. I can't see someone who is as close to KJ as John, posting negative comments publicly - regardless of what stage of a "prototype", "retail unit", etc. this product may be.

12 minutes ago, jrakutt said:

I'd imagine that the opinion will be positive. I can't see someone who is as close to KJ as John, posting negative comments publicly - regardless of what stage of a "prototype", "retail unit", etc. this product may be.

Hmmm, interesting thought. I would suggest you don’t bother with JS reviews if you have a pre determined notion about them. On the other hand I am interested in the review.  Do you have some info to share...do you know something I/we don’t? If so please share. Otherwise choose to view JS videos or don’t. If you have a different experience from JS let me know. Please. Positive or negative. . If you have had no experience with this product please don’t bash it. There is no basis for that. That’s just ignorance.

1 hour ago, prowe said:

Hmmm, interesting thought. I would suggest you don’t bother with JS reviews if you have a pre determined notion about them. On the other hand I am interested in the review.  Do you have some info to share...do you know something I/we don’t? If so please share. Otherwise choose to view JS videos or don’t. If you have a different experience from JS let me know. Please. Positive or negative. . If you have had no experience with this product please don’t bash it. There is no basis for that. That’s just ignorance.

There is an embargo on releasing opinions and reviews.  

One forum member showed up in my backyard and sent me a selfie with my ikamand. When I explained I was inside with a sick 2 yr old he ran away for fear of bodily functions.  

11 hours ago, prowe said:

My goodness we're touchy! You are correct in your first statement... it's just a thought :) Don't read too much into it. 

I enjoy John's reviews. I have no problem with his reviews. Yes, I will still view them even if I have a "pre-determined notion about them" :) I didn't bash the product at all, read the post for what it's worth... that's all. I look forward to buying a KJ product one day. I'm interested in this product, but just because I think somebody is going to post positive thoughts doesn't mean that I'm ignorant and want to bash the product lol.

Relax :)

I am not going to do a product review on this. I may do some demos and i will be using it in video content at some point.  I use stuff if i like it.  If it sucks i wont use it.   I do want to show it off for kamado joe.  Thats part of what i do for kj and their products.  Whether or not you like it is up to you.  Dont buy anything just because i like it.  

When people ask me about a product i have or use i give my honest opinion.

Yikes. I am a Flame Boss, yes FB 100, owner.   I use it occasionally, pretty much when the wind is too much a factor on a long cook.

Was curious about a new product.  Did not anticipate the comments above relative to the iKamand. 

Thanks John for being up front. @Cast Iron Mountain Man , I think you will love that 300.

M.

7 hours ago, mike echo said:

Yikes. I am a Flame Boss, yes FB 100, owner.   I use it occasionally, pretty much when the wind is too much a factor on a long cook.

Was curious about a new product.  Did not anticipate the comments above relative to the iKamand. 

Thanks John for being up front. @Cast Iron Mountain Man , I think you will love that 300.

M.

I'm sure I will, nice addition to my KJ....it'll be nice not having to go outside in -10 to adjust vents. Ive had the Joe a month now and used it 3-4 times a week and love it...last week added the KJ rib rack, pizza stone and grill extender, as well as the Kick Ash Basket......I've done a couple briskets, a couple pork shoulders, a few slabs of ribs, and last night some steaks...yes, I am a carnivore.....