Sign in to follow this  
SDGrillin

Sous Vide Pork Ribs

Hello all- 1st time poster here.  

I don't have a kamado (considering buying one and found this site to gain information).  But I do have an Anova, so I've been lurking.  I love the Anova, I've done creme brulee, cheesecake, and some various meats.  I tried for the 1st time last weekend some pork ribs.  I cut the racks down to 5-6 bones to make it easier to bag up.  I rubbed them down generously with a dry rub and put them in a bag then added 4 drops of liquid smoke to each bag before vacuum sealing.  I left them in the fridge over night then put then into the water at 145 degrees F for 36 hours. After 36 hours i cut the bags opened and patted the racks dry then tossed them on the grill and basted bbq sauce (wife prefers them sauced) flipped after 3 mins and continued for 3 flips to get a well sauced rib.  Served with twiced baked potato i did on the grill and some corn on the cob I sous vide'd into 182degree water for 30 minutes while I finished the ribs. Everyone was very happy with the results.

SV Ribs.jpg

On 1/26/2018 at 11:02 AM, SDGrillin said:

Hello all- 1st time poster here.  

I don't have a kamado (considering buying one and found this site to gain information).  But I do have an Anova, so I've been lurking.  I love the Anova, I've done creme brulee, cheesecake, and some various meats.  I tried for the 1st time last weekend some pork ribs.  I cut the racks down to 5-6 bones to make it easier to bag up.  I rubbed them down generously with a dry rub and put them in a bag then added 4 drops of liquid smoke to each bag before vacuum sealing.  I left them in the fridge over night then put then into the water at 145 degrees F for 36 hours. After 36 hours i cut the bags opened and patted the racks dry then tossed them on the grill and basted bbq sauce (wife prefers them sauced) flipped after 3 mins and continued for 3 flips to get a well sauced rib.  Served with twiced baked potato i did on the grill and some corn on the cob I sous vide'd into 182degree water for 30 minutes while I finished the ribs. Everyone was very happy with the results.

SV Ribs.jpg

That is one great looking meal.