PNWKamado

First overnight smoke

FYI, there is a 40% off discount going on for the TTT. 

I just bought my first one after seeing this thread and searched for a discount code. Use "Pats" in the discount box for 40% off. 

I ordered the TTT and the plate hangar spring for $25 with free shipping.

Now I can't wait to give it a try. I've only tried one overnight smoke, and it was not a good nights sleep.

4 hours ago, treeguy said:

FYI, there is a 40% off discount going on for the TTT. 

I just bought my first one after seeing this thread and searched for a discount code. Use "Pats" in the discount box for 40% off. 

I ordered the TTT and the plate hangar spring for $25 with free shipping.

Now I can't wait to give it a try. I've only tried one overnight smoke, and it was not a good nights sleep.

Good deal!  I would also say don't worry too about largish temp swings when cooking something like a pork but that can handle a large range of temps.  For overnight I set my low alarm for 200 and high at 300.  The TTT does take some time to recover the temps but if you give it enough time, it will do the trick.  I've done several overnight cooks and slept great, it's a strange feeling to wake up and realize your meat has been happily cooking for hours and hours without you there to keep an eye on it :P

I do need to get a TTT,   being lazy and liking sleep.  I usually set mine and forget it.  I go to bed about 1 am.   I've come down in the morning to find the grill  temp down to 170 and also come down to find it at 350-375.   Has never made a difference in the final results.  If too low, I crank it up to push it through the stall and finish when I want it, if too high, I just end up pulling it early and it stays in the cooler a bit longer.   I've also done a high temp butt on purpose and that was also excellent.   

On 2018-01-31 at 1:12 PM, SmallBBQr said:

Tried the TTT here, but freezes up solid in cold weather.  Too much condensation created when it's cold and gums up.

They're not perfect and they do gunk up but mine was $30.00 no wires nothing to arrange just mount and it works.  Alberta weather can be pretty extreme.  Mine functioned quite well in Ontario winters and Newfoundland dampness however after 5 years, I'll spend another $30-$40.00 and start all over again. No big deal, great peace of mind.

Vinegar works quite well  in removing the gunk.

Edited by K'man