ckreef

Found Awesome Butcher/Meat Market (w/ pics)

Can't believe I didn't know about this place. It's huge and only 45 minutes from the house. We got there fairly early today. There were about 10 people in the place. When we left there was over 30 people in line waiting to be served. It was a steady stream of cars going in and out the driveway. With this much meat on display you need that much traffic to keep everything fresh.

The prices were decent. You can have your selection wrapped in paper, vacuum sealed or marinated then vacuum sealed, your choice. The pictures should say it all. 

MTMEATSa.thumb.jpg.2c824a895f01ec27d88a3e388ffb4362.jpg

MTMEATSb.thumb.jpg.07a4eeee724327b24c227e2d4bd93f6f.jpg

MTMEATSc.thumb.jpg.e400fbfce17db550faf2d7fd73dc291d.jpg

MTMEATSd.thumb.jpg.b6505c5f99660e5827525679001a49ce.jpg

MTMEATSe.thumb.jpg.80bcf579b9cc659af02874cde7c509ec.jpg

Check out this tuna. It's the biggest chunk I've seen in person. That single back piece measured about 8" x 6" x 2".

MTMEATSf.thumb.jpg.ea59ae6139e0c13109ab5f59a11480db.jpg

MTMEATSg.thumb.jpg.4ccdf2097ce0b9e87e58a387e7eac108.jpg

MTMEATSh.thumb.jpg.68cba5d8f3fcb9370a34c5cd783796aa.jpg

MTMEATSi.thumb.jpg.4c7f4205edbf86e127bf151923228e30.jpg

MTMEATSj.thumb.jpg.a30c8f32a03dea345df2cdf22246c551.jpg

MTMEATSk.thumb.jpg.0c5ea1d15f8d979c9871e4309b880cb0.jpg

Missing is a picture of the huge selection of fresh sausage. They had a few unique cuts. Never seen this double chop cut before. That is over 1 1/2" thick. On the KK as I type this. Yea I spent a bit of money today but in reality I showed restraint because I wanted to buy  so much more. It's in a location where I can stop by at work so  I'll be back weekly. 

MTMEATSl.thumb.jpg.fc5b3d5b6bc09d4ccfe98405710dc340.jpg

So you finally found M&T meats in Hawkinsville?!?! That place is great. If you are ever near Cordele stop by Striplings. Not quite as good as M&T meats but they have fantastic sausages. 

1 minute ago, Chuck0531 said:

So you finally found M&T meats in Hawkinsville?!?! That place is great. If you are ever near Cordele stop by Striplings. Not quite as good as M&T meats but they have fantastic sausages. 

It took me 19 years to find the place! What's  wrong with me - LOL 

1 hour ago, K'man said:

Great looking meat market.  Love that chop.  Never seen one like that either.

Who's that attractive Blonde in the photo?

Thank  you.. We had a good day there. Everything looked great. Im always looking for oils and glazes and jams.... Etc. We weren't planning on spending a lot but we got alot for $100 dollars.. Not expensive at all. We will make more trips in the future for sure. 

That's not far off I-75. We might swing by there on our next trip to or from Florida to visit the in-laws. The selection looks very good!

Ckreef and Skreef, have you ever been to Carroll's Sausage and Meats in Ashburn? Their store is about 100 feet from I-75, exit 82 (near the World's Largest Peanut Monument).  :) They also have a very good choice of meat and sausage. 

2 minutes ago, LargeRedJoe said:

That's not far off I-75. We might swing by there on our next trip to or from Florida to visit the in-laws. The selection looks very good!

Ckreef and Skreef, have you ever been to Carroll's Sausage and Meats in Ashburn? Their store is about 100 feet from I-75, exit 82 (near the World's Largest Peanut Monument).  :) They also have a very good choice of meat and sausage. 

Definitely worth the side trip. Never been to Carroll's. 

6 hours ago, skreef said:

Thank  you.. We had a good day there. Everything looked great. Im always looking for oils and glazes and jams.... Etc. We weren't planning on spending a lot but we got alot for $100 dollars.. Not expensive at all. We will make more trips in the future for sure. 

I thought the price was that chop was excellent.  What a neat cut.  Your trip was kinda like mine when I go to Costco.  I never get out of there without spending a lot. 

3 hours ago, K'man said:

I thought the price was that chop was excellent. 

I thought the prices were really reasonable all around. They also had Veal Tomahawk steaks for $20 lb. Sounds high but for Veal cut like that I'm thinking even that was a reasonable price. In hind sight I should have bought a couple. If they have them next Friday I'll get some. 

I have a butcher that is not quite that huge in town (also they don't carry fish-so that is a bummer) but they are opening a second location that is within 10 minutes walking distance from my house. I am so dang excited. They make all their sausages in house and have 30 different varieties. My favorite so far is the habenero pineapple mango one. Soooooo good.really reasonable too.1.50 a link or so. 

12 minutes ago, shuley said:

I have a butcher that is not quite that huge in town (also they don't carry fish-so that is a bummer) but they are opening a second location that is within 10 minutes walking distance from my house. I am so dang excited. They make all their sausages in house and have 30 different varieties. My favorite so far is the habenero pineapple mango one. Soooooo good.really reasonable too.1.50 a link or so. 

They had a really large sausage section which I didn't get a picture of. I wanted some sausage but there was so much I wanted in the store I was having a hard time choosing. 

17 minutes ago, shuley said:

I tried to tell him to get some sausage.. They did look great. They didn't have flavored sausages, just describe as heat factor or how they are seasoned. Love to try the habenero pineapple.. Sounds good.