And not sure on the cost of the Joetisserie, but there was a comment recently by someone getting the demo deal who was bummed out that the Joetisserie's were sold out when they went back to pick up the demo's.  So if you get the demo deal, considering getting the Joetisserie and any accessories you want right then as well.  

Does the show ever make it to Delaware, Vermont or some other North-eastern state?

I would actually drive from Canada to the US to get a big joe down there! 

30 minutes ago, FrancisK7 said:

Does the show ever make it to Delaware, Vermont or some other North-eastern state?

I bought mine in Delaware. I am guessing it is not considered "grilling season" right now because "Northeast" is not even a category right now. I am looking forward to the 2019 visit for charcoal.

1 hour ago, gotzero said:

I bought mine in Delaware. I am guessing it is not considered "grilling season" right now because "Northeast" is not even a category right now. I am looking forward to the 2019 visit for charcoal.

Same here.  Christiana store? I live about 1 mile away from the Concordville, PA store.  We're about 10 minutes from the DE border.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:24 PM, FrancisK7 said:

I know they have them in PA, MA, and NH

37 minutes ago, FrancisK7 said:

NH would be perfect. Its a 2-3h drive for me and no tax in NH :D

I was wondering why you were looking at DE... No tax makes sense. I did not know Kamado Joe make visits to my store because the schedule is sometimes only posted a few weeks before. Now I know to look once a month or so. Based on the schedule, it looks like they stick to places where it is nice to be outside at the time of the roadshow. Last year the DE visit was in April.

1 minute ago, Bgosnell151 said:

I know they’ve been to Nashua NH several times.

Fantastic, I will keep an eye out!

Never been to Boston, a nice week-end there with the wife ending with a Costco trip so I can bring back a big joe home sounds like the perfect week end. 

I was told the show deal for the floor model with free junior no longer exists though? Very sad. 

1 hour ago, FrancisK7 said:

Fantastic, I will keep an eye out!

Never been to Boston, a nice week-end there with the wife ending with a Costco trip so I can bring back a big joe home sounds like the perfect week end. 

I was told the show deal for the floor model with free junior no longer exists though? Very sad. 

That is sad.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By benadriaensen
      Hi all

After a very long time of reading reviews, comparing prices, and saving money, I've finally bought a KJ Classic (see picture).
      I am based in Switzerland, where upper grade meat cuts are very expensive, so I'd love to learn more about cooking cheaper cuts of meat. 
      Here's a random selection of thoughts I have so far:

1. Some of my favourite meals ever included hot smoked razor clams and octopus. Would anyone have an idea where I could find more info on this forum about this?
      2. I do have some very specific questions, e.g.: when cooking burgers on a cast iron griddle, does the fire provide a significant amount of taste, as compared to a stovetop? How should I go about finding more information? Is it ok to start a new threat and ask directly?

Looking forward to learning from this community

Ben

• By mslagle
      This is the second year we have done beef wellington for Christmas Eve dinner. Not going to lie, this dish takes a lot of prep work.

This year I decided to do everything but the puff pastry the night before. Prepped the mushroom duxelles and sauted it until completely dry. Shingled prosciutto and spread a thin layer of the mushroom duxelles over it. Quickly seared the center cut of a prime beef tenderloin and brushed it with dijon mustard. Used Oak Ridge BBQ’s Carne Crusta Steakhouse & Santa Maria rubs. Then wrapped it in the prosciutto/duxelles layer and put it in the fridge overnight. On Christmas Eve I wrapped it in a puff pastry and topped it with another layer of latticed pastry. Cooked on the Kamado Joe at +/- 400 degrees. Pulled the beef wellington when the internal temperature reached 127 degrees. Served it with salad, baked potatoes and a red wine reduction. I forgot got to get a picture while it was on the grill, and the money shot didn’t have the best lighting, but it was a perfect medium rare in the center. The wife and in-laws loved it and that’s what Christmas is all about! 

• By Chicago Joe
      Proud to be a new Joe owner.  Got it from the Naperville store. Yeah, yeah shoulda got mine long before Labor Day but Ill be cooking long after the snow flies unlike the fair weather Chicago BBq people. 
    • By pesto3
      Hi everyone, I’m a bit obsessed with pizza’s so I’ve been knocking a few pizza dough recipes out. There are so many great doughs that I just want to share them. If you like pizza’s, it’s worth a watch. Cheers.

• By PatrickYYC
      Hi all,

I will be firing up my big joe for the first time tomorrow for some baby back ribs.

I have done ribs before on my Bradley smoker & weber gaser using the 3-2-0.5 (3 hours on the smoker, 2 hours wrapped on the Weber and 0.5 hours with sauce). I do the last two steps on the weber just because the ribs are more accessible for wrapping and sauce. Family usually loves these.

Ribs on the Joe:

I am planning on dry rub, no sugar ~5 hours @ 225-250 with no wrap, occasional spritzing and add sauce for last 30 minutes or so.

Questions:
      1- Is a drop pan necessary? Dry or with liquid in it? Based on my reading so far, I think not necessary other than to keep the heat deflector clean... opinions?
      2- To wrap or not to wrap? It seems both are acceptable. preferences? impact?
      3- how do I know they are done? by temp? bones? probe?

Any other suggestions?

I'll post during and after pics tomorrow.

Thanks