Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The roadshow is swinging through town this week...is the savings worth making the trek out there for a Big Joe 3 (I would have to purchase a membership).  After a ton of research ...and years of offset stick scorching, the KJ is my “house-warming” gift to myself ... (though great bbq is a gift for the whole neighborhood :-D).

 

The Atl grilling co price, linked by  @LargeRedJoe seems pretty solid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome J.Nerdy, glad to have you and your soon to be purchased Big Joe. From what I have seen on our forum and from the KJ Road Show that passes though our Cost Co, the prices are more competitive than most. My town does not have a butcher shop so a membership at Cost Co gives me access to higher quality and more diverse meat selections than my local markets as I buy whole rib eye and bone in pork roasts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Welcome J.Nerdy, glad to have you and your soon to be purchased Big Joe. From what I have seen on our forum and from the KJ Road Show that passes though our Cost Co, the prices are more competitive than most. My town does not have a butcher shop so a membership at Cost Co gives me access to higher quality and more diverse meat selections than my local markets as I buy whole rib eye and bone in pork roasts. 

 

I literally moved less than a 1/4 mile from between two great local butchers...otherwise I would have used that as an excuse.  

 

Still may ride out there and check it out though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J.nerdy said:

 

I literally moved less than a 1/4 mile from between two great local butchers...otherwise I would have used that as an excuse.  

 

Still may ride out there and check it out though.

 

There are plenty of other reasons to purchase a Costco membership. You walk in there with no particular purchase in mind and walk out with all kinds of ... 'stuff'... you never knew you needed... :-D:-D:-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

 

There are plenty of other reasons to purchase a Costco membership. You walk in there with no particular purchase in mind and walk out with all kinds of ... 'stuff'... you never knew you needed... :-D:-D:-D

 

CTB ... you proved prophetic.  I made the trek to Costco.  They Had the Big Joe for a pretty nice deal (not the III) but after getting some of the “add-ons” like sloroller  and cover... the price is a couple hundred more for the III from AGC (with the sturdier  cart).  So I am going to try AGC.

 

But I did walk out with 3 bags of 30 lb big block at 21.99 each...

 

... and 3 TVs for an Airbnb we are setting up :o:-D

 

will update once Big Joe III is nested, tested and rested on the back deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J.nerdy said:

 

CTB ... you proved prophetic.  I made the trek to Costco.  They Had the Big Joe for a pretty nice deal (not the III) but after getting some of the “add-ons” like sloroller  and cover... the price is a couple hundred more for the III from AGC (with the sturdier  cart).  So I am going to try AGC.

 

But I did walk out with 3 bags of 30 lb big block at 21.99 each...

 

... and 3 TVs for an Airbnb we are setting up :o:-D

 

will update once Big Joe III is nested, tested and rested on the back deck.

 

Nice purchases :rofl:

Now the warranty from Costco on the TV's is as valuable as the deals offered...

 

I've thought about the III and it's nice but, I hold my current hand, I think. The extra space would be nice but what what I do most often, I would need either the ProJoe or a reverse flow offset. That or find an easier way to corral both BJ's to the same location. And that cart is fantastic but, as mentioned above, I really need something that can roll through grass easily. Particularly need that on the Joe I gifted to the Church.

 

And that price for a high quality lump is just fantastic in my opinion. I grab some every chance I get. It winds up being a better deal than I could get on Royal Oak, Frontier or Cowboy. And I have sworn off all of the above for various reasons...

 

Edited by CentralTexBBQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

 

There are plenty of other reasons to purchase a Costco membership. You walk in there with no particular purchase in mind and walk out with all kinds of ... 'stuff'... you never knew you needed... :-D:-D:-D

Yep. Go in for a bag of kitty litter. Walk out with a gazebo. 

 

The Costco effect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

 

Nice purchases :rofl:

Now the warranty from Costco on the TV's is as valuable as the deals offered...

 

I've thought about the III and it's nice but, I hold my current hand, I think. The extra space would be nice but what what I do most often, I would need either the ProJoe or a reverse flow offset. That or find an easier way to corral both BJ's to the same location. And that cart is fantastic but, as mentioned above, I really need something that can roll through grass easily. Particularly need that on the Joe I gifted to the Church.

 

And that price for a high quality lump is just fantastic in my opinion. I grab some every chance I get. It winds up being a better deal than I could get on Royal Oak, Frontier or Cowboy. And I have sworn off all of the above for various reasons...

 

 

I lived by royal oak or cowboy for box starter, then usually feed it hickory logs and finish with pecan or cherry chunks depending on the meal.  The big block felt like an absolute steal.

 

i did look for a little while at The Good One Open range Gen 3... I liked that the firebox ran the length of the smoke box, with a parallel feed and baffle.  However, that design looks like warping would be a problem with high temp fluctuations.  

 

Big wheels...for big meals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LargeRedJoe said:

Yep. Go in for a bag of kitty litter. Walk out with a gazebo. 

 

The Costco effect. 

 

Correct,  my wife calls it the “350 Dollar Store”.  “I am going to the Three Hundred and Fifty Dollar Store. Need anything?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a small piece of follow up.

 

Went with the Big Joe III from the team at Atlanta Grilling Company.  Inadvertently, I added an extra set of deflector plates.  The guys called me, prior to shipping, to make sure that is what I INTENDED.  Clarified I did not, and they reversed the charges.

 

In the scheme of things, not a huge deal... but from my perspective a small kindness that equals tremendous customer service/accountability.

 

They have for sure earned more of my business.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone one know what models of the Kamado Joe they have at the Costco road show?  I was looking at getting the Classic III as a Father’s Day present for my husband.  Also, given their size how do you get it home?  Do they deliver or do we need to borrow a truck & my son’s friends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Would anyone one know what models of the Kamado Joe they have at the Costco road show?  I was looking at getting the Classic III as a Father’s Day present for my husband.  Also, given their size how do you get it home?  Do they deliver or do we need to borrow a truck & my son’s friends?

 

The Classic 3 is not available at roadshows.. Just the 2.  Atlanta Grill Company sells the 3 and they have a flat rate $99 delivery fee.

http://www.atlantagrillcompany.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



  • Similar Content

    • By Nut
      The internet sale was supposed to start at 6PM today and run until the 15th but it seems like the sale is up right now.  These are better than the Costco Roadshow prices. 
       
      Rates are as follows:
      Classic II - 799.00
      Classic III - 1369.00
      Big Joe II - 1299.00
      Big Joe III - 1999.00
       
      $99 Flat rate drop shipping to the 48 contiguous United States.
       
      Plus 15% off all KJ branded accessories.
    • By itskrod00
      Hello everyone, 
       
      I finally joined the Kamado Joe team. Pulled the trigger and bought a big Joe at a local Costco Road show. I also have a weber 26incher which I love. And a camp chef flat top. After approx 5 years of day dreamin’ and planning i finally have my bbq island. It just needs counters now.
       
      cant wait to enjoy my first cook on my big joe. Any ideas on what I should kick first while learning the intricacies of the big joe.
       
      lastly where can I buy some kamado joe feet? I didn’t see any on the kamado joe website. Any other credible sites to buy from at decent price? Thanks everyone.
       
       

    • By Kamadopamine
      New to the charcoal scene and just ordered a Kamado Joe Big Joe III, currently being shipped and I can't wait! Btw I've been lurking on this forum for a week, and it seems like a great community, everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful! 
       
      Question for all you Kamado owners out there, particularly Kamado Joe owners: Is it safe to keep your grill outside year round (covered), like on a deck or patio? Or would you be worried about the hardware corroding? Debating whether I can keep this bad boy on the deck or if I should give it a nice cozy home in the garage when not in use. If on the deck, it would be exposed to the elements year round, including snow in winter. Even if covered when not in use, should I have concerns about storing it outside?
       
       
    • By David Scubadiver
      I purchased my grill in December and finally got around to using it Sunday afternoon.  I have been cooking sous vide and using a cast iron pan lately, but the smoke has been terrible. 
       
      For or my first time grilling,  I decided on baked potatoes, steaks and asparagus. Started the fire with a twisted paper towel wetted with vegetable oil. 
       
      The fire got hotter than intended, and stayed hotter than intended.  I started with the potatoes and let them cook for nearly an hour above the heat deflector. Then I added the raw steaks, and eventually the asparagus that were prepared with some oil and seasoning.
       
      I was prepared for disaster but everything came out delicious. I forgot to open up the vents for the sear, but as I said, the grill was hot. 
       



×
×
  • Create New...