The roadshow is swinging through town this week...is the savings worth making the trek out there for a Big Joe 3 (I would have to purchase a membership).  After a ton of research ...and years of offset stick scorching, the KJ is my “house-warming” gift to myself ... (though great bbq is a gift for the whole neighborhood :-D).

The Atl grilling co price, linked by  @LargeRedJoe seems pretty solid.

Welcome J.Nerdy, glad to have you and your soon to be purchased Big Joe. From what I have seen on our forum and from the KJ Road Show that passes though our Cost Co, the prices are more competitive than most. My town does not have a butcher shop so a membership at Cost Co gives me access to higher quality and more diverse meat selections than my local markets as I buy whole rib eye and bone in pork roasts. 

1 minute ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Welcome J.Nerdy, glad to have you and your soon to be purchased Big Joe. From what I have seen on our forum and from the KJ Road Show that passes though our Cost Co, the prices are more competitive than most. My town does not have a butcher shop so a membership at Cost Co gives me access to higher quality and more diverse meat selections than my local markets as I buy whole rib eye and bone in pork roasts. 

I literally moved less than a 1/4 mile from between two great local butchers...otherwise I would have used that as an excuse.  

Still may ride out there and check it out though.

5 hours ago, J.nerdy said:

I literally moved less than a 1/4 mile from between two great local butchers...otherwise I would have used that as an excuse.  

Still may ride out there and check it out though.

There are plenty of other reasons to purchase a Costco membership. You walk in there with no particular purchase in mind and walk out with all kinds of ... 'stuff'... you never knew you needed... :-D:-D:-D

1 hour ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

There are plenty of other reasons to purchase a Costco membership. You walk in there with no particular purchase in mind and walk out with all kinds of ... 'stuff'... you never knew you needed... :-D:-D:-D

CTB ... you proved prophetic.  I made the trek to Costco.  They Had the Big Joe for a pretty nice deal (not the III) but after getting some of the “add-ons” like sloroller  and cover... the price is a couple hundred more for the III from AGC (with the sturdier  cart).  So I am going to try AGC.

But I did walk out with 3 bags of 30 lb big block at 21.99 each...

... and 3 TVs for an Airbnb we are setting up :o:-D

will update once Big Joe III is nested, tested and rested on the back deck.

1 hour ago, J.nerdy said:

CTB ... you proved prophetic.  I made the trek to Costco.  They Had the Big Joe for a pretty nice deal (not the III) but after getting some of the “add-ons” like sloroller  and cover... the price is a couple hundred more for the III from AGC (with the sturdier  cart).  So I am going to try AGC.

But I did walk out with 3 bags of 30 lb big block at 21.99 each...

... and 3 TVs for an Airbnb we are setting up :o:-D

will update once Big Joe III is nested, tested and rested on the back deck.

Nice purchases :rofl:

Now the warranty from Costco on the TV's is as valuable as the deals offered...

I've thought about the III and it's nice but, I hold my current hand, I think. The extra space would be nice but what what I do most often, I would need either the ProJoe or a reverse flow offset. That or find an easier way to corral both BJ's to the same location. And that cart is fantastic but, as mentioned above, I really need something that can roll through grass easily. Particularly need that on the Joe I gifted to the Church.

And that price for a high quality lump is just fantastic in my opinion. I grab some every chance I get. It winds up being a better deal than I could get on Royal Oak, Frontier or Cowboy. And I have sworn off all of the above for various reasons...

Edited by CentralTexBBQ

5 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Yep. Go in for a bag of kitty litter. Walk out with a gazebo. 

The Costco effect. 

4 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Nice purchases :rofl:

Now the warranty from Costco on the TV's is as valuable as the deals offered...

I've thought about the III and it's nice but, I hold my current hand, I think. The extra space would be nice but what what I do most often, I would need either the ProJoe or a reverse flow offset. That or find an easier way to corral both BJ's to the same location. And that cart is fantastic but, as mentioned above, I really need something that can roll through grass easily. Particularly need that on the Joe I gifted to the Church.

And that price for a high quality lump is just fantastic in my opinion. I grab some every chance I get. It winds up being a better deal than I could get on Royal Oak, Frontier or Cowboy. And I have sworn off all of the above for various reasons...

I lived by royal oak or cowboy for box starter, then usually feed it hickory logs and finish with pecan or cherry chunks depending on the meal.  The big block felt like an absolute steal.

i did look for a little while at The Good One Open range Gen 3... I liked that the firebox ran the length of the smoke box, with a parallel feed and baffle.  However, that design looks like warping would be a problem with high temp fluctuations.  

Big wheels...for big meals.

10 hours ago, LargeRedJoe said:

Yep. Go in for a bag of kitty litter. Walk out with a gazebo. 

The Costco effect. 

Correct,  my wife calls it the “350 Dollar Store”.  “I am going to the Three Hundred and Fifty Dollar Store. Need anything?”

Just a small piece of follow up.

Went with the Big Joe III from the team at Atlanta Grilling Company.  Inadvertently, I added an extra set of deflector plates.  The guys called me, prior to shipping, to make sure that is what I INTENDED.  Clarified I did not, and they reversed the charges.

In the scheme of things, not a huge deal... but from my perspective a small kindness that equals tremendous customer service/accountability.

They have for sure earned more of my business.

Would anyone one know what models of the Kamado Joe they have at the Costco road show?  I was looking at getting the Classic III as a Father’s Day present for my husband.  Also, given their size how do you get it home?  Do they deliver or do we need to borrow a truck & my son’s friends?

22 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Would anyone one know what models of the Kamado Joe they have at the Costco road show?  I was looking at getting the Classic III as a Father’s Day present for my husband.  Also, given their size how do you get it home?  Do they deliver or do we need to borrow a truck & my son’s friends?

The Classic 3 is not available at roadshows.. Just the 2.  Atlanta Grill Company sells the 3 and they have a flat rate $99 delivery fee.

http://www.atlantagrillcompany.com