44 minutes ago, FrancisK7 said:

Are all Kamado Joe accessories available at Costco? To they also sell the joetisserie, half moon deflectors, etc?

If I go it'll probably be during the week, its a long drive. 

No, only the three sizes of grill, two sizes of Joetisserie, and charcoal. 

18 hours ago, FrancisK7 said:

Are all Kamado Joe accessories available at Costco? To they also sell the joetisserie, half moon deflectors, etc?

I am not sure you will need to purchase the other acc since the joe comes with the half moons, D&C, and stand. Bout the only thing needed is lump, starters and fire.

22 hours ago, FrancisK7 said:

To answer your question a bit differently, no matter where you buy the grill all of the following is included:

• Air Lift Hinge
  • Kontrol Tower top vent
  • Divide & Conquer® Flexible Cooking System: 
    • Main rack
    • X Rack
    • Two half moon stainless steel grates
    • Two half moon heat deflectors
  • Advanced Multi-Panel FireBox
  • Steel rolling cart
  • Side tables 
  • Slide-out ash drawer 
  • Ash tool
  • Grate gripper

Buying at Costco also nets you a grill cover and a box of firestarters. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By benadriaensen
      Hi all

After a very long time of reading reviews, comparing prices, and saving money, I've finally bought a KJ Classic (see picture).
      I am based in Switzerland, where upper grade meat cuts are very expensive, so I'd love to learn more about cooking cheaper cuts of meat. 
      Here's a random selection of thoughts I have so far:

1. Some of my favourite meals ever included hot smoked razor clams and octopus. Would anyone have an idea where I could find more info on this forum about this?
      2. I do have some very specific questions, e.g.: when cooking burgers on a cast iron griddle, does the fire provide a significant amount of taste, as compared to a stovetop? How should I go about finding more information? Is it ok to start a new threat and ask directly?

Looking forward to learning from this community

Ben

• By mslagle
      This is the second year we have done beef wellington for Christmas Eve dinner. Not going to lie, this dish takes a lot of prep work.

This year I decided to do everything but the puff pastry the night before. Prepped the mushroom duxelles and sauted it until completely dry. Shingled prosciutto and spread a thin layer of the mushroom duxelles over it. Quickly seared the center cut of a prime beef tenderloin and brushed it with dijon mustard. Used Oak Ridge BBQ’s Carne Crusta Steakhouse & Santa Maria rubs. Then wrapped it in the prosciutto/duxelles layer and put it in the fridge overnight. On Christmas Eve I wrapped it in a puff pastry and topped it with another layer of latticed pastry. Cooked on the Kamado Joe at +/- 400 degrees. Pulled the beef wellington when the internal temperature reached 127 degrees. Served it with salad, baked potatoes and a red wine reduction. I forgot got to get a picture while it was on the grill, and the money shot didn’t have the best lighting, but it was a perfect medium rare in the center. The wife and in-laws loved it and that’s what Christmas is all about! 

• By Chicago Joe
      Proud to be a new Joe owner.  Got it from the Naperville store. Yeah, yeah shoulda got mine long before Labor Day but Ill be cooking long after the snow flies unlike the fair weather Chicago BBq people. 
    • By pesto3
      Hi everyone, I’m a bit obsessed with pizza’s so I’ve been knocking a few pizza dough recipes out. There are so many great doughs that I just want to share them. If you like pizza’s, it’s worth a watch. Cheers.

• By PatrickYYC
      Hi all,

I will be firing up my big joe for the first time tomorrow for some baby back ribs.

I have done ribs before on my Bradley smoker & weber gaser using the 3-2-0.5 (3 hours on the smoker, 2 hours wrapped on the Weber and 0.5 hours with sauce). I do the last two steps on the weber just because the ribs are more accessible for wrapping and sauce. Family usually loves these.

Ribs on the Joe:

I am planning on dry rub, no sugar ~5 hours @ 225-250 with no wrap, occasional spritzing and add sauce for last 30 minutes or so.

Questions:
      1- Is a drop pan necessary? Dry or with liquid in it? Based on my reading so far, I think not necessary other than to keep the heat deflector clean... opinions?
      2- To wrap or not to wrap? It seems both are acceptable. preferences? impact?
      3- how do I know they are done? by temp? bones? probe?

Any other suggestions?

I'll post during and after pics tomorrow.

Thanks