16 hours ago, SPORO said:

The Costco event ended April 28, at least for the option of ordering online, which is what I did. I don't remember 100% off the top of my head, but I think there are still some roadshow dates left. I don't know what the timeline you're looking at is, but if the budget is tight, it might make sense to wait until next year and order online through Costco since that has free shipping. My classic II was listed at $999, and I paid $1060 with taxes, curbside delivery included. The $200 in savings off the regular price of the KJ is less than the price of a year long Costco membership too.

There’s no guarantee that Costco will offer that online deal again or even that the roadshows will continue. Atlanta Grill Company has great pricing and also ships. 

https://atlantagrillcompany.com/

2 minutes ago, LargeRedJoe said:

There’s no guarantee that Costco will offer that online deal again or even that the roadshows will continue. Atlanta Grill Company has great pricing and also ships. 

https://atlantagrillcompany.com/

Totally fair point! I thought I head read somewhere that the Costco event was annual and was assuming that was correct.

On 5/8/2019 at 8:14 PM, CentralTexBBQ said:

Buying a Costco membership for a one off? Not certain it's worth it if your son will not frequent Costco to max out the benefit of the membership– cheap gas, cash back on costco credit card purchases, etc. You have the gas, time, physical extertion involved with hauling from 'Bama to Arkansas to consider as well. If we're talking an F-150 or other large pickup, the cost of gas may make any savings a wash.

I also have no reservations about my KJ nest at all. Though I might go for this cart, if I could even justify paying more for the cart than I did for the grill.

:rofl:

cart.thumb.png.62528536094746e4d6e48faa65dc8b42.png

image.thumb.png.44143db8391b01b24a9eef1f80f8b675.png

image.thumb.png.d6ee3d9a35016e9bc165b3458845c623.png

Where are these carts from??  They look amazing!!

Had this weekend marked on my calendar for a while.  It’s supposed to be the KJ roadshow in Allentown.  I was going to get a KJ Junior to go with the Classic II I already have.   I get there...no road show.  They tell me it’s being rescheduled....maybe even for next year.   Wtf?   I would have driven to another Costco a little further away a few weeks ago if I knew they weren’t going to do this one. It’s still even marked on their site.  Now there’s not another one nearby anytime soon.  Kind of annoyed. 

15 hours ago, fotomatt1 said:

Where are these carts from??  They look amazing!!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brianalantables/

They're like the Bentley's of carts, imo. But, as I mentioned, more expensive than the BJ I own... I wonder if fabricating one is still expensive... But, that powder coat is no joke...

I basically want that 2nd cart, with the wheels from the 1st cart and possibly, just possibly that red on the 3rd. green wouldn't match my KJ at all but, I do love that color on that cart.

Edited by CentralTexBBQ

On 5/11/2019 at 4:44 PM, fotomatt1 said:

Had this weekend marked on my calendar for a while.  It’s supposed to be the KJ roadshow in Allentown.  I was going to get a KJ Junior to go with the Classic II I already have.   I get there...no road show.  They tell me it’s being rescheduled....maybe even for next year.   Wtf?   I would have driven to another Costco a little further away a few weeks ago if I knew they weren’t going to do this one. It’s still even marked on their site.  Now there’s not another one nearby anytime soon.  Kind of annoyed. 

I went in to buy some charcoal and found the same thing. I was told by a random Costco guy (Friday afternoon) that he thought the KJ rep had appendicitis and had emergency surgery. Was told to call - they were possibly even looking at rescheduling for next week. I have no idea whether any of this is accurate, but that's what I was told...

16 hours ago, KaBudokan said:

I went in to buy some charcoal and found the same thing. I was told by a random Costco guy (Friday afternoon) that he thought the KJ rep had appendicitis and had emergency surgery. Was told to call - they were possibly even looking at rescheduling for next week. I have no idea whether any of this is accurate, but that's what I was told...

Add me and two buddies to the list of angry people that arrived on Saturday looking for the roadshow at the Allentown store. We spent a 3+ hour round trip only to leave without any charcoal or accessories.   We did escalate to the GM and he hooked us up a little at least. :)

Good news is they're supposed to come to my local Costco at the end of June in Concordville, PA. 

There are a limited number of Costco/KJ sales reps and if one has to bail out because of personal circumstances it's almost impossible for KJ to replace that person at the last minute. Keep in mind that each roadshow requires an 11 or 12-day commitment on the part of the rep and most of those folks have to travel to the warehouses; i.e they don't live nearby.

It's unfortunate but...life happens. 

I posted a much earlier response last week - but it never appeared (perhaps bc I quoted a price?). But,  I wanted to thank everyone for the feedback.  Yes, my son has a limited budget, but he has been saving quite a while to upgrade from the Akorn that he has about burned out.  (it actually is rusting in multiple places)  But, I do appreciate all the feedback and have decided that the prices I found on line are competitive with what we might could get at costco and we don't have to worry about my son trying to transport from B'ham.  Thank you  CentralTexBBQ for the feedback on the stand and the awesome carts!!  I work with some guys who weld and they have given me a much more reasonable ballpark price for the metal and welding and then we could add the top and casters. But, it is still debatable which would be best for use on his raised deck.  Not sure how much weight we can add in one location without causing possible problems down the road - since the grills are heavy - and the cart would be as well.  

I think we will probably just order from the ceramicgrillstore to simplify life and have it shipped to his door.  Thank you again for all the input.................the way everyone on here loves their KJ has me wishing for one myself!  :)  Thanks so much for the help!!! 

23 hours ago, gorilla83 said:

Add me and two buddies to the list of angry people that arrived on Saturday looking for the roadshow at the Allentown store. We spent a 3+ hour round trip only to leave without any charcoal or accessories.   We did escalate to the GM and he hooked us up a little at least. :)

Good news is they're supposed to come to my local Costco at the end of June in Concordville, PA. 

Yeah - that's a bummer.  I literally live 5 minutes down the road, so sort of a no-harm-no-foul situation for me.  I had originally been planning on buying a Big Joe at the show, but lately I think I've been swayed in the direction of a Weber Summit Charcoal for my purposes.  The road-show-no-show seemed like another sign that I am meant to go the Weber route. lol

I picked up a bag of KJ charcoal at Lowe's for $20 to try out.  If I like it and the roadshow makes it to time, I'll probably load up on a bit more when they're around.

21 hours ago, gen said:

I posted a much earlier response last week - but it never appeared (perhaps bc I quoted a price?). But,  I wanted to thank everyone for the feedback.  Yes, my son has a limited budget, but he has been saving quite a while to upgrade from the Akorn that he has about burned out.  (it actually is rusting in multiple places)  But, I do appreciate all the feedback and have decided that the prices I found on line are competitive with what we might could get at costco and we don't have to worry about my son trying to transport from B'ham.  Thank you  CentralTexBBQ for the feedback on the stand and the awesome carts!!  I work with some guys who weld and they have given me a much more reasonable ballpark price for the metal and welding and then we could add the top and casters. But, it is still debatable which would be best for use on his raised deck.  Not sure how much weight we can add in one location without causing possible problems down the road - since the grills are heavy - and the cart would be as well.  

I think we will probably just order from the ceramicgrillstore to simplify life and have it shipped to his door.  Thank you again for all the input.................the way everyone on here loves their KJ has me wishing for one myself!  :)  Thanks so much for the help!!! 

Your welcome. I've had posts disappear also. Just chalk it up to human error, browser issues, internet connection, etc. 

If that deck is according to code, you should never have any problems with the cart. However, getting it up there might be an issue. :rofl:

Also, pass on the info you got on the cart, I know it's a haul from where I am but, I need something I can maneuver through the yard AND that looks amazing!!!

6 hours ago, KaBudokan said:

Yeah - that's a bummer.  I literally live 5 minutes down the road, so sort of a no-harm-no-foul situation for me.  I had originally been planning on buying a Big Joe at the show, but lately I think I've been swayed in the direction of a Weber Summit Charcoal for my purposes.  The road-show-no-show seemed like another sign that I am meant to go the Weber route. lol

I picked up a bag of KJ charcoal at Lowe's for $20 to try out.  If I like it and the roadshow makes it to time, I'll probably load up on a bit more when they're around.

Which Lowes’s in the area has KJ charcoal?   We don’t even have a dealer in the Lehigh Valley at all anymore. 

42 minutes ago, fotomatt1 said:

Which Lowes’s in the area has KJ charcoal?   We don’t even have a dealer in the Lehigh Valley at all anymore. 

The store in whitetail township shows 28 on hand.  Price is good thru 5 /15/19. As today is 5 14 19 I would reomend calling and phone ordering if you can’t be there tomorrow.  610 686 5231 is the digits. 

@Bgosnell151 if u want some and can’t get out tomorrow...call me or text me. I can take care of it.  Call me or text me on my cell if need be. Trying to call my store is futile.

17 hours ago, prowe said:

The store in whitetail township shows 28 on hand.  Price is good thru 5 /15/19. As today is 5 14 19 I would reomend calling and phone ordering if you can’t be there tomorrow.  610 686 5231 is the digits. 

@Bgosnell151 if u want some and can’t get out tomorrow...call me or text me. I can take care of it.  Call me or text me on my cell if need be. Trying to call my store is futile.

Yup - picked some up at the Whitehall Lowe's.

5 hours ago, KaBudokan said:

Yup - picked some up at the Whitehall Lowe's.

I wound up getting it at the Quakertown Lowe’s since it was closer to my office.  Got 2 bags!!