Made a Costco pack of pork shoulder (15lbs) on Saturday, this was actually my first really long cook with my Akorn, turned out great!  Used Meathead's rub recipe, and dumped on some Pig's ### sauce (nice surprise how good that was!) after it was pulled.  Otherwise just let it go almost 12 hours with some hickory thrown in with the lump pulled them off around 197 degrees.  The shoulder I thought was larger got done about 45 minutes quicker, really loving having multiple probes with the Fireboard. I think the wind was swirling a bit as I had a little harder time than usual maintaining pit temps, I was aiming for about 240 at the grill, but I did let it climb a bit at the end trying to push through the stall.  Also the first time I really noticed a stall, so I'm thinking that my other ways I've done pulled pork before I had a kamado were running hotter than I thought and I didn't have a good way to monitor it.  Had some happy family and friends with the end result and I had fun cooking anyway, also made some cheesy hashbrowns to go with.

image.png.01e6a80333462e24226774fe8247a5d5.pngimage.png.99409785c02955ef8f99cf7a89c66da4.pngimage.png.e0dd0b318279b7deb3fcfa7e9601884d.png

image.png.f5f0bbb66a7373740e39861c9c804402.png

Great looking bark on those roasts.  I'd like to get my hands on a bottle of that BBQ sauce if no other reason than presentation!

The name alone should generate sales.

Edited by K'man

20 hours ago, K'man said:

Great looking bark on those roasts.  I'd like to get my hands on a bottle of that BBQ sauce if no other reason than presentation!

The name alone should generate sales.

Right?  We had a Runnings ( kind of a farm and fleet store) open up near us last fall and that's where I found it, good stuff and a fun name!