• Similar Content

• By Tarnation
      1 hour in to my first turkey on the Akorn.  I let it smoke @ 250 then upped the temperature to 325 to cook and crisp. More updates to come.

• By Tarnation
      Prepped this little half butt for a work Halloween potluck last night, cooking it tonight.  Just a little teaser before I tucked in and put it to bed.

• By Tarnation
      Here's my entry for October's PP challenge.  This is actually a double leftover.  I made sloppy joes using leftover pork smoked in my Akorn.  Since that's basically a pp sandwich that will not be my submission.  I decided a pp omelette was the ticket with a Carolina twist BBQ sauce and coleslaw.  It was scrumptious. Chopped Onions, red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers and a 3 cheese blend rounded out the rest of the ingredients.

• By Tarnation
      My sister gifted our mom and me a steak dinner for our birthdays this month.  Meaning she bought the steaks and I cooked them.  I used a mix of seasoning salts, Lawry's, garlic salt, and something else my dad had in the cabinet to season them.  I wish I could have really let the seasoning salts do their job for awhile, but basically just let them come up to room temperature since they were purchased today and we were eating them tonight.  I low and slowed them on my Akorn for about an hour @250ish using my BBQube and Bluetooth temp monitor to get them to about 115-120 internal.  I then transferred them to some cast iron skillets with melted butter in them I had heated to 450-500 on my dad's gas burner and seared them for 1 minute per side.  Overall fantastic results. I wanted a good medium/medium-rare for mine and I think I got it dead on.  Money shots provided.