Sign in to follow this  
01Bullitt

Second Hand DEMO Primo

Any body have or know the deflector plate dimensions for the LG 300 Primo? My buddy is going to water-jet some plates.

What are your thoughts on Powder coating them if they are only used for low and slow?

3 minutes ago, 01Bullitt said:

Any body have or know the deflector plate dimensions for the LG 300 Primo? My buddy is going to water-jet some plates.

What are your thoughts on Powder coating them if they are only used for low and slow?

Powdercoating a heat deflector plate would be a waste of time and energy.

10 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

Thanks for the heads up. Will skip it. Do you think these will work or should I just pay the money and get the ceramic plates? Performance should be the same correct?

25 minutes ago, 01Bullitt said:

Thanks for the heads up. Will skip it. Do you think these will work or should I just pay the money and get the ceramic plates? Performance should be the same correct?

I don't know what you are buying.  A heat deflector can be anything.  It doesn't matter what it is made out of as long as it can withstand whatever heat is going on underneath it.  

4 hours ago, 01Bullitt said:

4 hours ago, John Setzler said:

Not only what this ^ but it will definitely burn and you and your Kamado will not like the toxic fumes it gives off

Also if this me I would go with aluminum lighter and won't rust

Edited by Bachman 5

43 minutes ago, Bachman 5 said:

Not only what this ^ but it will definitely burn and you and your Kamado will not like the toxic fumes it gives off

Also if this me I would go with aluminum lighter and won't rust

I think aluminum would be cool but probably more expensive than ceramic. Only reason I suggested steel over ceramic is because my friend has tons of plate steel and a water jet. He builds offroad buggies 

42 minutes ago, 01Bullitt said:

I think aluminum would be cool but probably more expensive than ceramic. Only reason I suggested steel over ceramic is because my friend has tons of plate steel and a water jet. He builds offroad buggies 

Ya I get it , go with what got , just thought I throw it out there not sure what the cost of aluminum would be compared to ceramic but with the aluminum or steel for that matter it won't break

Take or leave the following as I negotiate when I can.

If you are a negotiator, politely offer them a lower number and or ask for what accessories can be included. If you never negotiate just take the deal.  

Sometimes one gets surprised. If you don't ask, you will never know. 

Everything depends on the dealer. They usually are stand offish but might need to move the unit quickly or they have no reason to believe another buyer is on the horizon. 

Make sure to give the Primo a good inspection before buying. There may be a fault that the dealer did not know about. Make sure those warranties do indeed hold, with a paper backup. 

If you want the Primo make the deal then and there.

Enjoy your Primo.

M.