Adapting Grill One Rotissrie Motor Joetisserie

I bought a Grill one motor as a back-up motor for the Joetisserie system.  I find the KJ motor is slightly unpowered for big items over 18 lbs.  It’s not as universal as I hoped.  It’s gong to take some work to adapt it to work on the Joetisserie’s mounting bracket.  The clips are too thin on the Girll one motor to fit the Joetisserie’s thicker mounting brack prongs.

I’m looking for ideas.  Does anyone have any idea how I can modify the mounting bracket on the Grill one motor to fit the Jotisserrie’s mounting bracket?

B147D830-0112-4B56-85CC-68DEE48E8527.jpeg

A379CE6F-B771-4CA7-BAC0-68D089AD49AD.jpeg

BC47EF8E-AA73-474E-A351-FA4477A4475B.jpeg

AC364DFF-715E-420C-978F-DAC64AB89ED2.jpeg

without owning either of these specific units (but i am a rotisserie user) is there any chance at all that the joetisserie motor employs a mounting plate that is attached directly to the motor housing?  it rather looks like it may in the last pic.

if it does, what is the alignment of the screw holes?  

would take nothing to bore a hole for the rotisserie spit to fit thru.

and if the screw holes are aligned or close to, then there should be enough meat left on the spit itself to still fit into place and be driven by the new motor.

just 'spit' balling based on the pics you've shared.

• 9 months later...

I won't call mine a 'great' solution but it works.  I also believe that the Joetisserie would be best used with the motor installed and NOT removing it once it's there.  I broke the motor holder on mine from taking it on and off.  The cast aluminum there doesn't seem to be strong enough to a lot of on and off with the motor.

10 hours ago, Jackerman said:

Cool, I’ll try that! It looks like it is bent completely out. Is it still snug without the spit in?

It's pretty snug.  You just have to play with it a bit. It works perfectly, but I'd recommend leaving it on the Joetisserie once you get it on there.  Taking it on and off will eventually break the mount on the JT.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 4:17 AM, John Setzler said:

It's pretty snug.  You just have to play with it a bit. It works perfectly, but I'd recommend leaving it on the Joetisserie once you get it on there.  Taking it on and off will eventually break the mount on the JT.

That sucks . I sold mine to a friend.  I didn’t think of bending the bracket at the time.