PeterRegan

Finally!!!!

Well it looks like it's seen some 'action' on the way here :-\ the carton was pretty dinged up and when I opened the lid the firebox / grate etc was all sitting unevenly. It looks like the ash drawer & the black porcelain coating have sustained some damage, particularly in the corner where it looks like the drawer has scratched a chunk of the coating off....

15182969544651945455393.jpg

15182969855401297067461.jpg

Well after some minor bitching at Amazon.......I got a 20% refund, all happy again as none of those 'issues' is exactly interfering with anything now I've straightened the drawer out. :-)

Good for you. You paid good money for a product. I usually end up saying to some CS person that I'm sure that they would not accept a damaged item, in order to get them to use their brains and do the right thing.

Funny story. I had a Jacuzzi brand toilet, from a bathroom remodel, needed a new flapper which was proprietary to the product (size was not the same as in a hardware store replacement). This chick asks me if I have the receipt for my toilet.  I say that she has got to be kidding. Do you have your toilet receipt?, I ask. She says Yes.  Now if that was true, she needs to be on a game show. I called back later, different person and was sent two flappers, no cost to me. No questions. No receipt needed.

M.

Nice score buddy!!!! You gonna love that

Dude, ya gonna have so much fun with that thing. I was so excited when I got mine.   I feel for ya with the dings n dents...but you won the day. I got mine when a customers purchased keg was hit by a fork truck. I got a great deal and a perfectly functional kamado at a great price. I’m so happy it got a minor scar from a fork truck. Love her.

Well.....it's a GOOD job I went with the Keg and trailer hitch and not a ceramic as I received this in the mailbox this morning....

"As the weather warms up and outdoor cooking is on the menu, we'd like to remind all of you that BBQing, Slow Cooking, Smoking, or any other type of meat cooking is strictly prohibited on site. The only BBQing allowed is at the courtyard BBQ."

The 'courtyard bbq' is a crappy cheap gas grill :/

Time to look for somewhere else to live! :evil:

On 3/30/2018 at 4:15 PM, PeterRegan said:

Well.....it's a GOOD job I went with the Keg and trailer hitch and not a ceramic as I received this in the mailbox this morning....

"As the weather warms up and outdoor cooking is on the menu, we'd like to remind all of you that BBQing, Slow Cooking, Smoking, or any other type of meat cooking is strictly prohibited on site. The only BBQing allowed is at the courtyard BBQ."

The 'courtyard bbq' is a crappy cheap gas grill :/

Time to look for somewhere else to live! :evil:

I know a guy who lives in a complex with similar rules.  No charcoal grills period. He asked a few questions and negotiated a bit. They let him use charcoal as long as the grill stays in the bed of his pickup. So he keeps an akorn jr in the bed of that pickup. 

8 hours ago, prowe said:

I know a guy who lives in a complex with similar rules.  No charcoal grills period. He asked a few questions and negotiated a bit. They let him use charcoal as long as the grill stays in the bed of his pickup. So he keeps an akorn jr in the bed of that pickup. 

lol I guess that's some sort of liability thing as it's part of his vehicle rather than part of their property?  I might try something similar but i'm not holding out much hope...