• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Dub

Chedda-burgers on the kettle.......drop the tailgate and pop a top.

Sometimes ya just have to have a meaty burger cooked over charcoal.

ydNgwZ1.jpg?1

A bit of a high temp burnoff occurred prior to the burgers going on.

7R5hL4A.jpg?1

6uVGmDr.jpg?1

R8dk5IB.jpg?1

Sliced up some potatoes and made up a batch of home fries, too.

xOqNJY8.jpg?1

J4Ap59D.jpg?1

q8XaxaB.jpg?1

1 hour ago, KismetKamado said:

Looks great!  I haven't had a burger in a very long time and that looks sooooo good!

Thank you.

I try to regulate them to monthly cooks.......and do a little something different on each one.

On 2/11/2018 at 10:45 PM, ckreef said:

Burger look great. Where were you tailgating at? 

Driveway at home, lol.

Had just finished washing the mud of my son's Jeep & my truck.....everything was already stashed in the garage fridge....too easy to just roll out the Weber and pop a top.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Dub
      Did a mighty tasty tenderloin on the Weber kettle with some decent sides.

Used a pan to rub down the tenderloin.....removed it and used same pan for the little cabbages.....

Probably overcooked to some.....but we love it.

Steamed some butternut squash, too.

Buttermilk pie for dessert......

• By Dub
      This week I made two pit stops on the way home from work to a shop that sells BGE's and a nice selection of rubs.

First stop I grabbed these.

Second stop I picked up the Killer Hogs AP. I used 1/4 cup AP with 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice and it made for a really nice flavored wing seasoning.

While the coals were lighting I sliced some boneless chicken breast and hit them with the AP/5spice rub for a pan of stir fry.

The Jah Love had been mixed with peanut oil as per instructions on package....and the wings were slathered with it and had 36 hrs to soak in the fridge.

The Wicked Que rub went on at the same time.

Yesterday afternoon I bought another pack of wings and hit 'em with the AP/5spice rub just before going on the grill.

The Jah Love was good, but just what I was hoping for.  I prefer making jerk seasoning fresh and letting the bird soak in it.  That being said, it was a good flavored rub and shouldn't be expected to trump freshly made jerk seasoning.

The Wicked Que Orange Habanero was interesting for certain.  Flavor was good.  Good on the wings and had a bit of different zing to it that was good.

I didn't sauce either of those two.

The AP/5spice wings were sauced with some General Tso's sauce and were delicious.  I grabbed one off the grill and tried it prior to the saucing and really liked it.  I can easily see them being good with a wide range of sauces.  Make sense as the AP is mainly salt, garlic powder and black pepper.....what isn't good with that ? :thumb:
      Great flavors on something that was very easy to cook.   Wings are a basic staple around my house.  My family loves 'em.
    • By Dub
      Fired up the pellet tube full of hardwood pellets and a chimney full of Kingsford Professional.

Smoking tube under the charcoal grate of my Weber 22" WSM.

Turned the pecan splits over towards the coals and let the bark burn off prior to stacking everything on.

Pro-tip.....if you are going to be using OakRidge BBQ's rubs.......and I HIGHLY recommend you do, then get their metal shaker.  It works perfectly with their rubs.  Nice grain size that shakes well and covers easily.

Came up to the preset temp of 275 and has stayed locked in nicely.   Let me run errands and get stuff done in the meantime.

• By Dub
      BiLo was running some chuck roasts on sale when I was in there yesterday.

Picked up a 4.5 lb nicely marbled hunk of goodness.   Mixed up a batch of Pay's steak rub and slathered it on.

Put it on the grill and chopped up some of the usual suspects and put right back in the same pan over the rub that remained in there.  Flavor is gonna be great.

Gonna throw some corn on, too.

Hoping that Chuckie hits a homerun this evening.  
      Hongry folks carnivores will be demanding eats. Good thing I have leftovers in case I have to scramble.....
    • By Dub
      Had a relaxing day off work.

Killed a pot of coffee and then got a sharp knife out and went to work making some jerk seasoning.

I mainly followed @Smokey1 recipe.

Ninja blender was loaded up.....

I spatched a couple large birds and added a pair of kicker split breasts to the soak.   Put on the Marvin Gay and got all up in 'em with the seasoning.  Worked the jerk under the skin.

Soaked all day.

My grill setup for this cook........that's mesquite on there.   I know the Wood Police will say you can't use it on shicken..........but...........but..........let it burn down a good bit before putting the bird on the grill.   I freaking love mesquite smoke.

Son's plate....................

This is what he handed back to me with the request that I refill it......................