Sign in to follow this  
Dub

Chedda-burgers on the kettle.......drop the tailgate and pop a top.

Sometimes ya just have to have a meaty burger cooked over charcoal.

ydNgwZ1.jpg?1

A bit of a high temp burnoff occurred prior to the burgers going on.

7R5hL4A.jpg?1

6uVGmDr.jpg?1

R8dk5IB.jpg?1

Sliced up some potatoes and made up a batch of home fries, too.

xOqNJY8.jpg?1

J4Ap59D.jpg?1

q8XaxaB.jpg?1

1 hour ago, KismetKamado said:

Looks great!  I haven't had a burger in a very long time and that looks sooooo good!

Thank you.

I try to regulate them to monthly cooks.......and do a little something different on each one.

On 2/11/2018 at 10:45 PM, ckreef said:

Burger look great. Where were you tailgating at? 

Driveway at home, lol.

Had just finished washing the mud of my son's Jeep & my truck.....everything was already stashed in the garage fridge....too easy to just roll out the Weber and pop a top.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Dub
      Yesterday my son and I were hanging out together and the subject of "what's for dinner, Dad?" came up.   Little hombre is always hongry.  Freshmen in college, hits the gym in between classes.  Lean, mean, studying machine.  

I'd had some chops marinating since morning.  Informed him of such and he asked what I was waiting on.   The order to fire 'em up was given.

I was also planning on cooking some other stuff at the same time for future meals, too....as I'm working this upcoming weekend.

Figured I'd do wings on this 'un and also sear some chops and tenderloin while doing the sides on the other little Weber.

Little Weber accommodated my skillet packed full of carrots, onions and potatoes.   Was gonna add some Brussels later, too.

Course ground pepper & Plowboys did a good job of seasoning the root vegetables.

Well......at some point during the cooking my boy got a phone call that altered his plans.  He's out of class this week and some buddies are in town.....so he had to scramble.

I scaled back the cook but did go ahead with a pair of chops.   Haven't done them in a long while for some reason.  

Seasoned them with Dizzy Pig's Red Eye Express.

Vortex did it's job.....even better now that the coals had burned down significantly since I skipped the wing cook.

I love carrots cooked this way.....in case you can't tell, lol.

Leftover chop was saved in the fridge.......

Teenage T-Rex skeert me this morning as I was tinkering with the coffee maker.....trying to conjure up some decent java.  Evidently I was grinding the beans when he ninja'd up into the kitchen, "So, Dad, what's for breakfast".    Once I settled down from the scare, lol, I put together  his leftover chop, some hash browns, scrambled eggs & cheese and a pair of biscuits.

He said that'd hold him for a while.
    • By DerHusker
      I recently watched some YouTube videos by Baby Back Maniac where he reviewed the new Weber Limited Edition Red Kettle. I was immediately drawn to the red color for some reason.   Since I already had a standard black kettle and I didn’t have an extra $200.00 burning a hole in my pocket I figured I’d just have to make do with what I had. Yesterday I noticed they were on sale at Ace Hardware for $149.99 (a 25% discount) and I figured it was a sign that I had to buy one. 
      Well here it is 

and the unboxing and assembly pics will follow:

New and nicer wheels included.

Put some cardboard down and installed the vent / ash assembly.

The legs, wheels and shelf.

The lid rest assembly.

The ash pan

and the handle.

Put in the charcoal and grill grates.

Then installed the handle and placed the lid on it.

I wheeled in out from under the patio roof where I took a few more pics before doing a seasoning burn. Lid moved back onto the rest. (Nice!)

Nice new thermometer and Limited Edition plaque.

Now I started a chimney full of KBB

and let the kettle settle in on a seasoning burn.

So pretty!

Thanks for looking.
    • By Dub
      Did a mighty tasty tenderloin on the Weber kettle with some decent sides.

Used a pan to rub down the tenderloin.....removed it and used same pan for the little cabbages.....

Probably overcooked to some.....but we love it.

Steamed some butternut squash, too.

Buttermilk pie for dessert......

• By Dub
      This week I made two pit stops on the way home from work to a shop that sells BGE's and a nice selection of rubs.

First stop I grabbed these.

Second stop I picked up the Killer Hogs AP. I used 1/4 cup AP with 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice and it made for a really nice flavored wing seasoning.

While the coals were lighting I sliced some boneless chicken breast and hit them with the AP/5spice rub for a pan of stir fry.

The Jah Love had been mixed with peanut oil as per instructions on package....and the wings were slathered with it and had 36 hrs to soak in the fridge.

The Wicked Que rub went on at the same time.

Yesterday afternoon I bought another pack of wings and hit 'em with the AP/5spice rub just before going on the grill.

The Jah Love was good, but just what I was hoping for.  I prefer making jerk seasoning fresh and letting the bird soak in it.  That being said, it was a good flavored rub and shouldn't be expected to trump freshly made jerk seasoning.

The Wicked Que Orange Habanero was interesting for certain.  Flavor was good.  Good on the wings and had a bit of different zing to it that was good.

I didn't sauce either of those two.

The AP/5spice wings were sauced with some General Tso's sauce and were delicious.  I grabbed one off the grill and tried it prior to the saucing and really liked it.  I can easily see them being good with a wide range of sauces.  Make sense as the AP is mainly salt, garlic powder and black pepper.....what isn't good with that ? :thumb:
      Great flavors on something that was very easy to cook.   Wings are a basic staple around my house.  My family loves 'em.
    • By Dub
      Fired up the pellet tube full of hardwood pellets and a chimney full of Kingsford Professional.

Smoking tube under the charcoal grate of my Weber 22" WSM.

Turned the pecan splits over towards the coals and let the bark burn off prior to stacking everything on.

Pro-tip.....if you are going to be using OakRidge BBQ's rubs.......and I HIGHLY recommend you do, then get their metal shaker.  It works perfectly with their rubs.  Nice grain size that shakes well and covers easily.

Came up to the preset temp of 275 and has stayed locked in nicely.   Let me run errands and get stuff done in the meantime.