They are calling this hog "Pigzilla" according to the post I saw.  I throw rocks at the Javalina behind the house to scare them away from rooting around my trees, however, I don't think I would me messing with this fellow. Some folks are saying it is a boar because of it's size, while others are saying it is a sow because it is with it's younger pigs, and boars are suposedly not known to hang with the kids. Either way that's a lot of bacon. On the post they have a video which shows the pig reaching over the lid of the dumpster and grabbing a plastic bag, shreading it, and going after the green veggie leaves inside it. Definetly a real pig. Little yappy dog in the audio of the video, going crazy, but dosen't seem to bother the pigs at all. 

4 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

They are calling this hog "Pigzilla" according to the post I saw.  I throw rocks at the Javalina behind the house to scare them away from rooting around my trees, however, I don't think I would be messing with this fellow. Some folks are saying it is a boar because of it's size, while others are saying it is a sow because it is with it's younger pigs, and boars are suposedly not known to hang with the kids. Either way that's a lot of bacon. On the post they have a video which shows the pig reaching over the lid of the dumpster and grabbing a plastic bag, shreading it, and going after the green veggie leaves inside it. Definetly a real pig. Little yappy dog in the audio of the video, going crazy, but dosen't seem to bother the pigs at all. 

That yappy dog would be considered an appetizer.  

3 hours ago, robertyb said:

That yappy dog would be considered an appetizer.  

Most likley true. The javelina's we have around here are no where near that huge, but they killed a two year old cocker spaniel just down at the end of our street. Apparently the dog was not familiar with them, and off leash ran over to them. One swipe with a tusk from a male and the pup was mortaly wounded. The whole thing took less than just a few seconds. Can't imagine how much damage a pig as big as the one in the picture could do. 

Where I live they have bears, coyotes, bobcats, rattle snakes etc..... Still the most dangerous animal you can encounter is a wild hog. Don't ever scare one or conner one especially a mother with piglets. Unless you have a big gun the hog is  going to win.