RRL2

Beer brewing / keg / bar

nice bar!   i just made a somewhat big decision and sold my bev air 3 door fridge and decided to sacrafice my bar build plans and got a pool table.   If I could use that whole room for the lounge i'd build a bar but the wife wants to set up our main tv down there and dont want to make it too cramped. 

Table still needs new felt so its apart right now.

But I did pick this up.... mind you I wont be drilling any holes in it for beer taps... ill just be fabricating a stand inside for the beer taps and see how that works out....  I got all the racks just took them out to clean it out

Thor brown walls are going to be changing soon! lol... want to get some scotch pine tongue and groove paneling once i get the funds 

HqaeVe6.jpg

utEBSRn.jpg

Thanks! I would love to have that much space and have been looking for a refrigeration unit like that to use for fermentation .  I wonder if you could make an insert  that would fit in the sliding track that could be put in place when the taps are getting regular use and moved back into the fridge when not in use so you aren't constantly opening the door. 

Yea I was debating on keeping the black fridge and converting it to a fermenting chamber but i just got too much on the go right now and need to use the cash from it to off set the cost of other things. 

Yea that would be the most ideal situation is if I could add a sliding track for the beer taps.. I just dont know how i'd tackle it and have it look decent at the same time.... ideally some ply wood backed with insulation on the one side with a tight enough seal would work but the look factor wouldnt be there per say lol..

14 hours ago, RRL2 said:

nice keezer build!     so those are your home brews?    what do you usually make? generic IPA's or do you tend to experiment on dif flavors all the time

I do what ever feels right for the time, im really  trying to zero in my recipes for cream ale and lemon saison. They’re my go to summer brews, and for the colder months Saxon and I have been working on a s’mores beer. It’s not quite where we like it yet, but we’re getting there. Other than that we do all sorts, I havnt tried going down the traditional beer trail yet (as in with burton on Trent water or mimicking commercial brews). But then again I homebrew because I like to fiddle and tweak until I get my beer to the “omg that’s a damn good beer” reaction from my friends. Haha

9 hours ago, BeerdedRooster said:

I like to fiddle and tweak until I get my beer to the “omg that’s a damn good beer” reaction from my friends. Haha

Mind posting up your current brew set up?  you got a fermenting chamber and the whole 9 or? 

6 hours ago, RRL2 said:

Mind posting up your current brew set up?  you got a fermenting chamber and the whole 9 or? 

HAHA, no... I have a 10 Gal Spike Brewing Kettle (Which was pricey, but worth every penny), A 10 Gal cooler mash tun, and I still use immersion chiller and glass carboys for fermentation. Its VERY basic but I still manage to outdo myself each time. one day ill have a whole turn key setup, but as for now just the basic simple tools to get the job done. Heck im still trying to carve out a space in the garage to house all my gear, as its starting to get in the way in the coat closet...

As for fermenting chamber, Lagers dont interest me too much, and my house stays in the 68-70 deg. range so I just ferment inside. During the summer months I stick to yeasts that perform better in the ambient temps, and in the winter ill explore more with warmer and cooler type yeasts. I do haver a brewbelt, but thats it...haha

I guess by fiddle and tweak, im referring more to the recipe than the actual brew process..

ahh nice!   ive been itching to get into it but start up costs are harsh! and since micro brews are the big thing now even ingredients have went up in price 

5 hours ago, RRL2 said:

ahh nice!   ive been itching to get into it but start up costs are harsh! and since micro brews are the big thing now even ingredients have went up in price 

Look into "brew in a bag."  Very easy startup for all grain brewing. I usually order all my stuff from morebeer.com