karre-wrap.jpg

This recipe goes very well on a wrap with beef or pork (like on the image) 

Ingredients:

3 dl Mango juice (around 1.2 cup)
2 dl Cola Zero (around 0.8 cup)
2 tablespoons mangochutney
2 tablespoons of Lime (juice)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
3 tablespoons  chicken broth (homemade if have)
2 teaspoon chili peppers
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
  Fennel seeds (to taste)
0.5 - 1 tbsp Butter

Directions:

1. Mix together mango juice, cola zero, mangochutney, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, chilli sauce and rapeseed oil in a suitable saucepan and boil while stirring until it has merged well.

2. Mix the remaining ingredients into the saucepan and then turn it down and let it simmer until it is reduced to 2/3 parts. Finally add 0.5 - 1 tablespoon butter and let it melt down while stir.

3. Remove the sauce and allow it to cool before use, this will also makes it thicker.

4. Enjoy!

So there you go a exotic Tropical BBQ Sauce from Sweden :-D.. please try it and say what you think. I am thinking of translating my page into English too, so I'm looking around and see if there's any interest in this. You can find my original recipe an more images on how i made it in Swedish here https://grilltips.se/grillrecept/saser/tropisk-barbecuesauce 

1 hour ago, TKOBBQ said:

The only conversion I can't figure out is

1 st chicken broth.

Yea what's that mean. 

I think you are the first active member I've seen from Sweden. I hope you stick around as I'd like to see more of your recipes. 

Going to make this soon to give it a try. 

@TKOBBQ Oh i missed that, think i have seen the recipe to many times :shock: i cant find any edit option on my post but feel free to change it to this: 
 tbsp ready made chicken stock (or your own)

(I used one stock cube but don´t know if the same for you as here in Sweden)

@ckreef I will stick around, allot here to read and learn :)  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Everyday Life with Steve
      This past weekend, I did a spatchcock chicken on the Pit Boss.  It was some of the juiciest chicken I've had and it came out really good.

Spatchcock Chicken on the Pit Boss Kamado

• By CentralTexBBQ
      well, visually at least-

precursor to preivously posted Barbecue- The Movie

interesting book on churrasco style bbq

still determined to take a class on this

• By Mironccr345
      An Aldi opened up a couple months ago near my house. I’ve always wanted to try their spare ribs, finally picked up a rack and gave it a try. I didn’t trim anything, just pulled the membrane off. I even kept the little meat flap on. Seasoned it with some rub I found behind the cabinet, which was not a typical rub I would use, but glad I did. Topped it off with some Killer Hogs for a little color, then let it marinate for 30min to an hour. I used a mixture of mesquite and pecan chunks. Through-out the cook, I spritzed it with diluted apples cider vinegar. My wife made a BBQ sauce that she used on bacon chicken wraps. Man was it good. I think it consisted of banana ketchup, sweet baby rays, sriracha (very little) and brown sugar. Was surprised how fresh the ribs were compared to the Kroger brand I normally get. Definitely getting those ribs again.

• By pathos
      did a homemade tropical island style rub on these today and it was a very good rub but I still feel like there was something missing to take it over the top.  still can't put my finger on it.  guess I'll have to eat a few more later on and then let me my mind work on figuring out what was missing.  It might just be that I didn't give it long to marinate, only a couple of hours.  Perhaps if I went for 12 hours or over night that might be the thing that I found lacking.  don't mind the state of the grill.  I did a complete burn off after this cook and now it is clean as a whistle.

• By Mikegust90
      Gave this a whirl. Turned out great!! Please let me know what you think. Just started to smoke more frequently and have been asked to start cooking for other people.https://youtu.be/lD315UxzFpk