pesto3

Skirt steak and roast veggies

34 minutes ago, bosco said:

Looks great.... but that is flank steak not skirt 

I really need to try these hassleback potato’s 

Thanks mate. I get the  “skirt-flank”  discussion a lot. The butchers in Australia label them as skirt. So, im just going with that. Either way, it’s damn tasty!! 

15 minutes ago, pesto3 said:

Thanks mate. I get the  “skirt-flank”  discussion a lot. The butchers in Australia label them as skirt. So, im just going with that. Either way, it’s damn tasty!! 

Skirt and flank are my two favourites bro!! They sell like that because they both come from the belly area of the cow.  The skirt comes from the diaphragm muscles and the flank comes from the abdominal muscles.  The flank is a bit leaner so more tender overall and the skirt needs to be cooked medium rare to avoid becoming too tough due to the higher fat content. 

I attached a photo of the two.  The main differences is the grain on the two.  The flank goes length wise, while the skirt is width wise.  

B997791C-551A-4D29-9DA4-16D758239B0B.jpeg.173b942b099fe4c25d3d836bbb36189f.jpeg

4 hours ago, bosco said:

Skirt and flank are my two favourites bro!! They sell like that because they both come from the belly area of the cow.  The skirt comes from the diaphragm muscles and the flank comes from the abdominal muscles.  The flank is a bit leaner so more tender overall and the skirt needs to be cooked medium rare to avoid becoming too tough due to the higher fat content. 

I attached a photo of the two.  The main differences is the grain on the two.  The flank goes length wise, while the skirt is width wise.  

B997791C-551A-4D29-9DA4-16D758239B0B.jpeg.173b942b099fe4c25d3d836bbb36189f.jpeg

God damn it! Do you know how many times I’ve googled this?!  (I am really really bad with computers though) thanks so much @bosco! I am always being told that this cut is flank and I’m always thinking “it’s labaled skirt.....” 

Now I can SEE the difference!

Thank you!

They are so close to each other, however, the cut you are getting is actually the more tender piece of the two!  The hanger steak fits into this equation as well... and I am dying to try that next