davepergola

Char-Griller brand Akorn Kamado Grill $139.00 @ Walmart, YMMV.

Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker - $139.00 @ Walmart

SKU# 40267083 (ref: Amazon Link)

Use the link below to search in your local area. I purchased one last night at my Walmart, but of course, your milage may vary.

According to CamelCamelCamel the price has never been lower than $232.61 from Amazon. Solid deal on an entry level Kamado, or another backup. 

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=40267083

That's a shame, I have a feeling it is probably harder to move charcoal powered products where I am (Connecticut) in the winter, and for some reason, Walmart seems to moves items to clearance based on how long it takes to sell a UPC. Warmer regions probably don't have the same sale droughts on outdoor items (grills, weed whackers, etc), so it's probably a lot less likely to be a clearance item there. 

The crazy thing is, I will put money on them restocking these grills around April-May in the Northeast, right back at $288. Makes more sense to let them take up room on a shelf than to let them go for 50%+ discounts. But, their loss is our gain I suppose. 

brickseek showed 3 at a local WM a couple weeks ago for $125, but they had none when I got there.

But......the lawn and garden manager offered me a nearly $600 Pit Boss K22 for $300, so I jumped on the deal.

16 hours ago, davepergola said:

That's a shame, I have a feeling it is probably harder to move charcoal powered products where I am (Connecticut) in the winter, and for some reason, Walmart seems to moves items to clearance based on how long it takes to sell a UPC. Warmer regions probably don't have the same sale droughts on outdoor items (grills, weed whackers, etc), so it's probably a lot less likely to be a clearance item there. 

The crazy thing is, I will put money on them restocking these grills around April-May in the Northeast, right back at $288. Makes more sense to let them take up room on a shelf than to let them go for 50%+ discounts. But, their loss is our gain I suppose. 

Yea but the grass is growing here in GA and people are staring to grill out a lot. I do year around anyway. 

Got one today in Colorado Springs.  On Walmart's website I had to change locations to get the right price, some stores offered a 50% "pick up" discount.  $150 out the door seems pretty good to me. 

Also in Colorado Springs and found an Akorn at a Walmart in Denver (Englewood) for $75.  Had to play around a bit with the "pick up" option for various locations during checkout.  Too good of a deal to pass up, but the drive was a bit of a hassle; tried to ease the pain by combining with a couple other errands.  Try it and you might find a great deal!

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a second Akorn for our place at the lake. I figured I'd have to wait until the end of summer to catch them on sale. Now we can enjoy better food at the lake than my Weber kettle can produce.