Akorn to PB K22 step up?

damascusmaker

I did the same thing a month ago, when I found the k22 on clearance at a local wal mart for.....$150 (new in box).  They had two, got them both kept and resold one, and sold my akorn.  Ended up making money obviously. 

As to the change, the Akorn is GREAT, but overall I do see it being a step up.  For the price, I would say do it. 

Thanks msmith. Exactly the experience I was looking for. I kinda need to pull the trigger or ease off today. Keep thinking if I'm ever going to own a ceramic this is the chance and on the other hand the Akorn does everything I want and does it well with my Flame boss 300. Yeah, this is a near by WM as well.

43 minutes ago, damascusmaker said:

Thanks msmith. Exactly the experience I was looking for. I kinda need to pull the trigger or ease off today. Keep thinking if I'm ever going to own a ceramic this is the chance and on the other hand the Akorn does everything I want and does it well with my Flame boss 300. Yeah, this is a near by WM as well.

As I said, and tell everyone, I loved my Akorn.  It was a great intro to this type of cooking, and was money well spent. 

I do however find that the PB holds heat better, and as long as you dont overshoot, is easier to regulate. I would recommend it without reservation. 

Thanks again msmith,
I just visited the store and they had 3 units on hand. My decision is to wait until they are down to one to see if it gets cut again closer to the deal you found. Your opinion and experience are valuable on this, thanks.

4 hours ago, damascusmaker said:

Thanks again msmith,
I just visited the store and they had 3 units on hand. My decision is to wait until they are down to one to see if it gets cut again closer to the deal you found. Your opinion and experience are valuable on this, thanks.

Just keep checking www.brickseek.com for stock and pricing in your area.  That is how I found these. 

On 3/5/2018 at 1:28 PM, damascusmaker said:

Thanks again msmith,

Just remember that a bird in hand is worth more than two in the bush.

I really doubt with grilling season just around the corner that they'll discount them any further.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, damascusmaker said:

It's a half because the wife wants hers in kitchen oven.

Too bad for her.... but bonus for you with the crispy cheese that oozed off the edge!  Did she try yours and change her tune for next time you do this?